Just when I thought I was "used to" this....

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Just when I thought I was "used to" this....

Postby Tom_65 on August 8th, 2012, 5:56 pm

I read on the list of symptoms that itching is a common symptom. Well, I guess I can chalk up this one to the list as well. I was almost used to the constant twitching and now this comes along. I've tried lotions...creams...aloe vera...calamine...nothing makes it go away. I'm ASSUMING that it may be because it's an "internal" itch....does that even make sense??? Has anyone found anything that helps to ease it?

Another thing that kinda has me a bit freaked out lately is I get twitching in the muscle on the left side of my chest....sometimes I SWEAR it's my heart going nuts!!! Of course, that just brings on the anxiety...which makes it worse...which makes the anxiety worse which.........I'm sure most of you know how that goes. Does anyone else have twiching in their chest muscles?
Out of my mind - Back in 5 minutes
Tom_65
Interested
Interested

Re: Just when I thought I was "used to" this....

Postby Wells05 on August 8th, 2012, 6:19 pm

yes in the exact same spot allot actually, I freaked as well. mine increases as my heart rate rises, I'm a women so u can imagine how flattering this is when my chest is going in and out on one side, um HATE it. Rest assure others have this too :) ashley
Wells05
Hero
Hero

Postby johnnythejet on August 9th, 2012, 7:23 am

Tom-
Yes, my chest area has twitched many times over the years. Just remember that BFS doesn't affect the heart so try to give your anxiety a breather over this. BFS is benign by definition and can never harm you or cause heart problems. Just try to help your anxiety and the battle will be won.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Tom_65 on August 9th, 2012, 5:21 pm

Thanks for the replies Ashley and Johnny!
After the first couple times it happened I pretty much figured that it was just the chest muscle...just the location of the twitching is what freaked me out quite a bit. It's SO EASY to think the worst when things happen. It's very strange because it ONLY happens when I lie down for sleep at night...I tell ya, it sure keeps me awake when it starts! I'll definitely work on not letting it get into my head. :)
Out of my mind - Back in 5 minutes
Tom_65
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management