Newbe

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Newbe

Postby Carts on July 16th, 2012, 3:19 pm

Hi first time poster. I came down with BFS symptoms in March of 2011 after signifcant back problems. The major hot spot is in my calfs. When at rest it looks like I have a worm crawling around in both calfs all the time. The calf muscles also contort weirdly. I notice twiches and spasms also at night sleeping. The other hot spot has been my thumbs and index finger. Had Carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand that did help some hand symptons. When my BFS is cooking I get jerks in arms and legs. Feels at times at night like I having a EMG. I have seen 2 nerurogoists and had a EMG test last year that determined Carpal Tunnel in both hands. I continue to have twiches almost everywhere but not in my face. Scheduled to have another EMG in August. Currently have some new symptons tingling in the bottom of my feet(does this go with BFS?). Taking Celexa for aniexty I tend to obsese on the symptoms. Not sure if I should go with a higher dose than 10MG I still tend to be obsesing with the symptoms. I have all my strenght but have noticed twiching does increase when I excercise. This website has been very helpful and has reassured me many times.
Carts
Interested
Interested

Re: Newbe

Postby KatieMG on July 17th, 2012, 9:12 am

Welcome! You sound like you have BFS and you also had a clean EMG so that's great. You also have been twitching for over a year without weakness. It's all benign :)

We have a great chat room if you'd like to talk things out : http://us4.chatzy.com/Twitches-R-Us
KatieMG

Postby plainslady on July 18th, 2012, 7:26 am

I have tingling in my feet as well. Sensory issues like that were the worst for me once my initial intense twitching had subsided to a more tolerable level. The vast majority of us on here have struggled with sensory symptoms right along with the twitches.

Frances
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”
plainslady
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management