Meds for parasthesias.

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Meds for parasthesias.

Postby ag2002 on June 1st, 2012, 10:14 pm

Here are the meds I took for my parasthesias, buzzing, burning nerve pain, and pins and needles. Only one worked on me.

Amitriptyline-helped some with parasethesias, I actually didn't have fasiculations until I started this med, I stopped taking because my heart rate went up to 140 bpm resting.
Lyrica- helped some with parasthesias, gave me horrible blurry vision
Cymbalta- did nothing
Remeron- this is the scariest med I have ever taken, it made my fingers on my left hand move on their own, it also gave me horrible fasiculations, I even remember thrashing around when trying to get to sleep, stay away from this stuff
Neurontin- made my tingling worse
Effexor XR- got rid of most of my parathesias and tingling, it did give me an irregular heart rate for a while that eventually subsided, gave me mild fasiculations
ag2002

Re: Meds for parasthesias.

Postby Seepi27 on June 2nd, 2012, 5:33 am

ag2002 wrote:Here are the meds I took for my parasthesias, buzzing, burning nerve pain, and pins and needles. Only one worked on me.

Amitriptyline-helped some with parasethesias, I actually didn't have fasiculations until I started this med, I stopped taking because my heart rate went up to 140 bpm resting.
Lyrica- helped some with parasthesias, gave me horrible blurry vision
Cymbalta- did nothing
Remeron- this is the scariest med I have ever taken, it made my fingers on my left hand move on their own, it also gave me horrible fasiculations, I even remember thrashing around when trying to get to sleep, stay away from this stuff
Neurontin- made my tingling worse
Effexor XR- got rid of most of my parathesias and tingling, it did give me an irregular heart rate for a while that eventually subsided, gave me mild fasiculations

I think the moral of this story is: stay away from meds of any kind if at all humanly possible.
Seepi27
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Meds for parasthesias.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management