kinesio taping

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

kinesio taping

Postby chrissi on April 23rd, 2012, 3:22 am

As some know, I have just been going through a mean flare up brought on by a virus (again.. :roll: ). While I was already able to calm down the twitching again, I am still dealing with arm pain/shoulder soreness and leg pain. A friend suggested kinesiological taping for me, which can be used to release muscle overtension and also lymphatic swelling. I thought " well, that is both an issue for me" and gave it a try. It did wonders for my arm /shoulder soreness. I am just wearing an shoulder tape, a biceps tape, a trapezius tape and one for my tensed neck. It worked incredibly well, although the taping is not easy trying it the first time, you will need help and watch the video manual very closely so it is done right. There's also one for piriformis muscle, but I havent tried yet. I was looking for the muscle but... :oops: ...I could not find it LOL. Maybe a bit too much fat behind there :mrgreen: But I guess that especially in men it would be easier to find the right place and to give t a try. The kinesio tape is available at pharmacies or via internet. Althoug it is best done by a skilled physio therapist, it IS possible to do it at home if you have help. It is important to stretch the muscle while doing it, so the tape has little"waves" when the muscle is coming back to its norlam position. I hope some of U will find relief by it too.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Re: kinesio taping

Postby mike fla on April 24th, 2012, 8:00 pm

Sorry to hear you are going through a flare up. They really suck!!! I am glad to hear you have something that helps. I will check out for when one of my flare ups hits.
mike fla
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby raindog on April 25th, 2012, 5:18 am

Chrissi, can you get the same effect with cling film? Me and the wife are pretty expert with its application. :lol:

Being serious now, looked at a few videos and i can see a few uses especially when i get bouts of Achilles tendonitis like this one for example

http://youtu.be/fetKNNZdaac

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. :D
raindog
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management