caffeine and twithces

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

caffeine and twithces

Postby Saundra Hearn on June 9th, 2004, 7:03 pm

I really think caffeine has alot to do with my twithces, I've been twitching for 8 weeks now and after reading on this site about caffeine and its affects on bfs, I went off caffeine and my twithces are not as bad, I still have them :cry: but they really have seemed to not be as strong. Anyway today I thought I'd try a little soda with caffeine, and you guessed it not long after my legs started going crazy. :evil: So no more caffeine for me!!!
Saundra Hearn
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Floater on June 9th, 2004, 8:44 pm

dont be afraid of coffee...caffiene.. i drink it all the time...i still twitch like i always did when i did cafiene or not...so drink up and twitch! your going to twitch anyway :wink:
Floater
Saint
Saint

That is my philosphy as well

Postby RexM on June 10th, 2004, 10:46 am

Now that I've convinced myself that the twitches are benign, I can live with them......I COULDN"T live without caffeine in my coffee! Or, without my wine with dinner!
RexM
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby John_JR on June 11th, 2004, 1:35 am

With only 8 weeks of twitching, be careful not to associate too quickly. My BFS seems to wax and wane at will. So it's so very hard to pin down anything that helps or exacerbates it. With over 15yrs+, you name it; I’ve probably tried it. That said, being that caffeine is a stimulant, cutting it out of your diet is definitely a good idea.
John R.
John_JR

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management