Noticable twitch/pulse

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Noticable twitch/pulse

Postby luluq07 on April 4th, 2012, 10:10 pm

hi all
does anyone ever notice a noticable pulse somewhere in your body? I see it sometimes between my thumb and pointer finger and in my wrist.. I can't feel it I just see it it looks like a pulse but I guess its a twitch?

I think if I sqeeuze any part of my body I feel a pulse..

Anyone else experience this??
luluq07

Re: Noticable twitch/pulse

Postby TwitchyDoc on April 5th, 2012, 1:23 am

Unless you are vampire, you will find a pulse easily there...Even on the biceps and near the elbows its clearly visible under oblique lighting. I remember a guy who panicked because of fasciculations near his ankle which turned out to be a pulse. If you really want to distinguish fasciculations from pulse, just put your finger on your neck and check that both are synchronized :)
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby Aoi on April 7th, 2012, 9:53 pm

You should be able to see your radial pulse quite easily. Seeing a pulse in the veins of the back of the hand is much harder. By the time the blood supply reaches the veins, it is moving relatively smoothly, with minimal pulsing compared to what is found in arteries.

The easy way to distinguish the two is to simply take your pulse while watching your twitch (or fasciculation if you prefer that word). I have hand twitches, some quite visible. They do not synchronize with my pulse at all, instead occurring once every several seconds or more. Also, you won't be able to feel your pulse in your wrist unless you are deeply relaxed or your heart rate is quite elevated. You often can feel a twitch.
Aoi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby jorge on April 9th, 2012, 9:46 am

Once I had a neck muscle that pulsed continuously, non-stop. It lasted for two months. I could see it in the mirror; it was between the base of the neck and the left shoulder. I knew it was fasciculation because the beat was irregular and did not match the heart pulse at all. Sometimes there was a strong twitch and I could feel it, otherwise, it did not bother me.
jorge

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management