Low Dose Naltrexone

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Low Dose Naltrexone

Postby steve67 on March 31st, 2012, 3:00 pm

Started taking low dose Naltrexone 24/3/12.....0.5 mg to start.After week 1 no improvemnt seen but twitches and pain slightly worse although the Dr who prescribed this medication said that tis can happen.Going to stick with it untill i get up to 4.5mg and will post on any improvement.
steve67
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Low Dose Naltrexone

Postby raindog on April 1st, 2012, 1:40 pm

steve67 wrote:Started taking low dose Naltrexone 24/3/12.....0.5 mg to start.After week 1 no improvemnt seen but twitches and pain slightly worse although the Dr who prescribed this medication said that tis can happen.Going to stick with it untill i get up to 4.5mg and will post on any improvement.

I get decent relief in fatigue, muscle stiffness, general muscular soreness and i seemed to have more zest/ energy and that seemed to elevate my mood. I tolerated it well and had no problem getting upto the 4.5ml max dose. However I get a good deal of neuropathic pain and this as been very troublesome of late and its hard to find anything that touches it. I'm still happy with the LDN as its helped alot in the areas ive mentioned.

Hope it helps you too. Was it on private prescription or did your GP/ Neuro give it you?
raindog
Saint
Saint

Re: Low Dose Naltrexone

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management