Network Chiropractic? Infrared Sauna?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Network Chiropractic? Infrared Sauna?

Postby Jujulia on March 20th, 2012, 6:01 pm

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you had tried or heard of Network Chiropractic. I'm still twitching, buzzing, shaking 24/7, but right now it's the pain stuff that is really bothering me. The pain in my back is almost constant (+ numbness and tingling in the same area), and it also radiates to my neck and my chest sometimes; I also have pain that comes and goes (without any good reason) in my arms and my hands. I don't know what the heck is going on, however the only thing I know is that if I don't take the proper measures to help myself, obviously no one will do it.

I've always been skeptical about alternative medicine in general, but who knows, maybe it can help? A friend of mine has recently talked to me about network chiropractic, which is supposed to be a gentle method, in other words not as aggressive as the traditional chiropractic. I've watched a couple of videos on youtube about it and I'm not totally convinced, but it seems to help a lot of people so I'm willing to give it a try.

My friend who suffers from fibromyalgia also told me he bought an infrared sauna, and it helps him a lot with the pain. Since taking hot showers also helps me, I thought it could be a good idea to get one of those little saunas myself. Do you guys know how safe is the infrared used in those saunas?

Oh... one last thing... If you have a good meditation technique that worked for you, feel free to share it with me! Who knows, it might work... :)
Jujulia
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 314
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 9:31 am

Re: Network Chiropractic? Infrared Sauna?

Postby chrissi on March 21st, 2012, 2:59 am

Hi Jujulia,
I don't know about network chiropractic, wew have osteopathy here a lot and I find it very helpful . Big YESSSS to infrared sauna, it was part of my therapy.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
User avatar
chrissi
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1538
Joined: August 10th, 2011, 2:06 am
Location: Germany

Re: Network Chiropractic? Infrared Sauna?

Postby wjjw on March 21st, 2012, 7:25 am

Jujulia wrote:I've always been skeptical about alternative medicine in general, but who knows, maybe it can help?

So am I, believe it or not, but likely for different reasons. :)

Jujulia wrote:Oh... one last thing... If you have a good meditation technique that worked for you, feel free to share it with me! Who knows, it might

I'm pretty sure that ImOK and SecretAgentMan have posted some.

Cheers,
Bill
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
User avatar
wjjw
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1400
Joined: September 24th, 2005, 2:39 pm

Re: Network Chiropractic? Infrared Sauna?

Postby Jujulia on March 21st, 2012, 9:25 am

Chrissi, you're one of the reasons why I decided to try new therapies (you seem to do so much better since you started yours). I'm always complaining about a twitch here, a cramp there, but don't do anything about it... Of course, maybe there is just nothing that can be done, but if I don't try anything, how could I ever know?

Thanks Bill! I'm certainly going to take a look at SAM's previous posts. In fact, both of you guys helped me to become a bit more open-minded about certain things :wink: Anyway, a little meditation/relaxation can't do any harm...

Take care,

J.
Jujulia
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 314
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 9:31 am

Re: Network Chiropractic? Infrared Sauna?

Postby SecretAgentMan on April 3rd, 2012, 11:04 am

I bought an infrared sauna off of overstock.com when I first started venturing into alternative medicine. Their saunas were cheap and shipping was only $1 with no sales tax (win-win-win). I found it very beneficial because it not only relaxed me but saunas are good for detoxification as well. The skin is the largest organ of the body and it is the easiest way for the body to get rid of toxins. Otherwise we just rely on our liver and kidneys. In today's world our body's are subjected to a lot of pollution, chemicals and other nasty things that shouldn't be in our food and water. If you believe that BFS is in some way related to autoimmune then its not too hard to connect the dots tying toxins to an overloaded immune system.

A sauna won't solve all of your problems, but it definitely will help take you in the right direction. It may even bring you relief in some of your other symptoms. Keep in mind that some toxins which have been linked to neurological stress such as heavy metals need supplements to bond with in order to make them water soluble.

As far as the gentle chiropractic techniques, I can vouch for those as well. They are far more effective and concentrated on the root cause of what is mis-aligned rather than the old method of just cracking everything and hoping it all falls back into place. I've used chiropractors that use both methods (2 of each actally) and the gentle technique chiropractors both ran circles around the 2 that were more traditional. I was skeptcal at first too, but when I get results I go with what works.

As far as meditations I actually self guide most of the time because when you look internally the power of your mind is focused and amplified on whatever you intend. The key to getting there is to relax to a level where your brain waves slow down into the alpha-theta range. Beta is your normal awake state (fastest) and delta is where you are asleep (slowest). Meditation is harder than most newbies expect because the typical American lifestyle is structured to foster a mind-set that is constantly streaming from one thought to the next. Meditation is about calming the mind and bringing inner peace. When you first start you'll notice that your mind almost has a mind of its own. Your conciousness will say 'ok thoughts, its time to calm and slow down now,' and your mind will not want to listen. It will jump from one thought to the next to the next... Keep at it and eventually it will get the message. As you relax your body and focus on slow deep breaths it will eventually settle down. Just try to draw out the space between your thoughts. Extend that period of time longe and longer. The mind is not used to this so it may take a little while but keep at it. You will know when you are in a good meditative state when you think about moving an arm or leg but don't want to because you are so comfortable. You'll be very awake and aware, just in a very relaxed. For beginners it is best to start with working on bringing in peace and calm the mind. Once you get good at that you can start exploring with setting intentions.

Among the benefits of meditating on a regular basis you will find that your stress levels are lower, metabolism will usually improve, inspiration will come easier and your intuitive abilities will improve. You don't need to meditate for very long 10, 15 or 20 minutes a day is all it takes to make a dramatic difference in your life. I really wish I had begun much sooner, but better late than never! :)
Last edited by SecretAgentMan on April 3rd, 2012, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
User avatar
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 3:42 pm
Location: Dayton, OH suburbs

Re: Network Chiropractic? Infrared Sauna?

Postby SecretAgentMan on April 3rd, 2012, 11:05 am

wjjw wrote:
Jujulia wrote:I've always been skeptical about alternative medicine in general, but who knows, maybe it can help?

So am I, believe it or not, but likely for different reasons. :)


Bill, I was just curious on what your experience has been with alternative medicine? If you are willing to share that is...
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
User avatar
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1048
Joined: June 30th, 2010, 3:42 pm
Location: Dayton, OH suburbs

Re: Network Chiropractic? Infrared Sauna?

Postby Jujulia on April 3rd, 2012, 12:44 pm

SecretAgentMan wrote: As far as meditations I actually self guide most of the time because when you look internally the power of your mind is focused and amplified on whatever you intend. The key to getting there is to relax to a level where your brain waves slow down into the alpha-theta range. Beta is your normal awake state (fastest) and delta is where you are asleep (slowest). Meditation is harder than most newbies expect because the typical American lifestyle is structured to foster a mind-set that is constantly streaming from one thought to the next. Meditation is about calming the mind and bringing inner peace. When you first start you'll notice that your mind almost has a mind of its own. Your conciousness will say 'ok thoughts, its time to calm and slow down now,' and your mind will not want to listen. It will jump from one thought to the next to the next... Keep at it and eventually it will get the message. As you relax your body and focus on slow deep breaths it will eventually settle down. Just try to draw out the space between your thoughts. Extend that period of time longe and longer. The mind is not used to this so it may take a little while but keep at it. You will know when you are in a good meditative state when you think about moving an arm or leg but don't want to because you are so comfortable. You'll be very awake and aware, just in a very relaxed. For beginners it is best to start with working on bringing in peace and calm the mind. Once you get good at that you can start exploring with setting intentions.

Among the benefits of meditating on a regular basis you will find that your stress levels are lower, metabolism will usually improve, inspiration will come easier and your intuitive abilities will improve. You don't need to meditate for very long 10, 15 or 20 minutes a day is all it takes to make a dramatic difference in your life. I really wish I had begun much sooner, but better late than never!

SAM, thank you so much for your detailed response. I appreciate it. :)

I haven't bought the sauna yet because I'm not sure whether to get a finnish sauna or an infrared sauna, but anyway, that's not really important. :P Tonight I have to attend a workshop that is supposed to inform me about the network technique (how it works, what it does, etc.). I'll probably start the therapy next week. I hope it will help... I will keep you posted!
Last edited by Jujulia on June 3rd, 2012, 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jujulia
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 314
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 9:31 am

Re: Network Chiropractic? Infrared Sauna?

Postby mwagner on April 3rd, 2012, 4:30 pm

Due to S.A.M's suggestion a while back, I have been seeing a chiropractor who practices applied kinesiology. I can hardly go two weeks without wanting to see him, because each visit does me so much good. He also consults me on my diet and other areas of health (for example, my cortisol levels are really bad at night, and my DHEA is very high and I practically have adrenal fatigue). He also does a lot of adjustments and I feel much better when I leave the office. My twitching has definitely improved since I have seen him.

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: August 27th, 2011, 5:15 pm

Re: Network Chiropractic? Infrared Sauna?

Postby Jujulia on April 4th, 2012, 9:01 am

SAM seems to influence many people around here lol.

Anyway, I'm glad the chiropractor helped you Mitra. It's very encouraging! I hope my chiropractor will be as competent as yours (actually I read and heard good things about her… but I'll see for myself).

Take care,

J.
Jujulia
Hero
Hero
 
Posts: 314
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 9:31 am

Re: Network Chiropractic? Infrared Sauna?

Sponsor

Sponsor
 


Return to Symptom Management

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests