Can twitches make sounds???

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Can twitches make sounds???

Postby speg on June 8th, 2004, 10:10 am

Ok folks, this is going to sound really, really weird. I had a bad night last night . . . only the second time twitches have kept me awake in the two weeks I have been twitching. I woke up at some point, and I thought the dog (who sleeps at the foot of my bed) was scratching herself cause something was "shaking." I looked and she was dead to the world. I think my leg or legs were shaking or twitching to the point of extreme kicking or jerking? Does this happen to anyone? I fell back asleep and woke up to the sound of twitching??? I realize I may have been dreaming . . . I have been having very vivid dreams since the twitching began. It sound like little thumps against the sheets? Granted, I can't hear them twitch when fully awake. Am I going crazy?

Could this be restless leg syndrome?

Peg
Last edited by speg on June 8th, 2004, 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
speg
Hero
Hero

Postby speg on June 8th, 2004, 1:19 pm

Okay, I called my doctor. She said both twitching and restless legs are a side effect of the SSRI I was on and it may take time to leave the body. She told me it would resolve on its own, for me not to worry, and there is no specific "time frame" for it to go away. She PROMISED me I didn't have ALS, and this twitching leg thing makes sense since I've had similar problems with other SSRI's in the past. (Paxil made my head fling from side to side. SCARY.)

No more SSRI's for me.

Peg
speg
Hero
Hero

Postby thetwitchkid on June 8th, 2004, 1:38 pm

Peg:

My Doctor warned me that I might twitch "Even More" when he initially put me on Lexapro (SSRI). Fortunately, I did not have that symptom, but I distinctly remember the warning. Hang in there.
thetwitchkid
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management