Soreness

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Soreness

Postby luluq07 on February 23rd, 2012, 11:26 am

Hi everyone, does anyones hands hurt? my hands kill me! like my bones hurt in my hand.. I have my boyfriend rub them and they hurt so bad....

Also my right arm has been feeling weird, like its going to Jerk but it doesn't... it might just be sore from working out, but its like a pain in between my bicep and trip cep.. UGH!
luluq07

Re: Soreness

Postby chrissi on February 23rd, 2012, 11:56 am

My hands and right arm are big issue for me. Even if my twitching and tremors have calmed down to almost zero, I still have to deal with some pain there, yes, it is a deep dull pain that bfeels like your bone and muscles are squeezed. They tested this kind of pain with different exercises I had to do and they said it is neurogenic, not muscular, from irritated sensory nerves. Helpful is warmth and muscle relaxation techniques, as this type of pain often derives from involuntary tensing up of muscles, especially around the neck/shoulder area or in the butt (piriformis)
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby whatmeworry on February 23rd, 2012, 12:07 pm

My left shoulder and hand were particularly sore yesterday. Deep ache is a good description. I agree with what to try, too.
what, me spell?
whatmeworry

Postby luluq07 on February 23rd, 2012, 2:22 pm

any muscle relation techniques you know of??
luluq07

Postby chrissi on February 23rd, 2012, 2:24 pm

Google Jacobso, progressive muscle relaxation
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby Aoi on February 23rd, 2012, 7:20 pm

My BPS started primarily in my hands and forearms. Intense soreness, stiffness, and aches, in the joints and muscles. I still wake up most days with sore arms. This has had a major impact on my lifestyle and livelihood.

I've used and continue to use several progressive relaxation books and CDs, including the "Open Focus" series by Les Fehmi. Several of them help, but the soreness persists regardless, at least so far.
Aoi
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management