Is this possible at all?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Is this possible at all?

Postby TwitchyDoc on February 21st, 2012, 9:51 am

Well, day or two ago I "complained" my legs barely twitch. I cannot explain it but since this morning I have calf hotspot and lot of twitches in thigs, never had this before. I find it pretty ironical and weird, as if my body could control it. From medical point of view, there is no link between voluntary movement and individual motor units so I just do not know. Its so strange.
And..I am on the antibiotics now, having pretty bad cold..my symptoms are now really bad, hope its due to this sickness.
Gosh, it really sux
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Re: Is this possible at all?

Postby wjjw on February 21st, 2012, 9:54 am

Well, you were worrying about mostly upper body twitching, so following that logic, you can stop worrying now. :)
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty, which are only accessible to our reason in their most elementary forms--Albert Einstein
wjjw
Saint
Saint

Postby twitcherHH on February 21st, 2012, 10:14 am

Be careful what you wish for ;-).

But this is exactly what always happens to me: You ask about shoulder twitches, the next day I have them. You write about twitches along the side of the tongue. Guess what, they're back (but only for one day)...
twitcherHH
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby TwitchyDoc on February 21st, 2012, 11:14 am

haha, stop copying me :D No really, its pretty interesting. My guess is that it could be that we focus on that area and subconsciously flex the muscles or just hold them in not relaxed state which leads then to twitching. But its just guess.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on February 23rd, 2012, 4:41 pm

The link between what the mind focuses on and what the body does in response is a very well documented phenomenon. When you are optimistic and positive you experience relief in symptoms/severity. This is dismissively referred to as the placebo affect. The opposite is just as real and that is when you worry about something bad happening and you manifest it into real physical symptoms and/or illness. This is referred to as hypochondria. The mind, your consciousness, has incredible power over your life experience. What each of us chooses to do with it is up to us as individuals.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management