Heart Palps when leaning Forward....

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Heart Palps when leaning Forward....

Postby carphia on January 24th, 2012, 11:18 pm

Subject title says it all. I caught myself countless times leaning forward and somehow in the process triggering a heart palp or two. Anyone ever experienced that? For those that experience heart palps, do you notice any repetitive actions that bring them on?

-C
"Sometimes, that mountain you've been climbing, is just a grain of sand...."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEQj6RrQbgA
carphia
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Heart Palps when leaning Forward....

Postby Wells05 on January 24th, 2012, 11:57 pm

carm I get these! Oh my gosh the crazy thing is I literally just had it, I laid down and fealt it! What the heck is it, drives me nuts.
Wells05
Hero
Hero

Postby carphia on January 25th, 2012, 12:12 am

a-ha! Love you ash! Every time I lay down on my bed I get one before I even hit the bed! My body just seems to time everything.
carphia
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby bobajojo on January 25th, 2012, 7:49 am

Carm,
This is SO VERY common. I've had palps since I was 18 (20 years!). If I had a nickel for everytime I got one when I bent over or looked down, I'd be a millionairre! Don't worry about these. -Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby carphia on January 25th, 2012, 11:52 pm

thanks, Matt! :D
carphia
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Wells05 on January 26th, 2012, 10:47 am

Carm just had it again last night, now I'm getting used to this ?
Wells05
Hero
Hero

Postby Silverbullet on January 29th, 2012, 8:19 am

I am getting them right now as I sit at the computer, In my case probably the coffee!
Silverbullet

Postby chicagobfs on January 29th, 2012, 12:09 pm

I get them too, but usually with weird pulse in my head :x but it last few seconds....
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby PetrifiedGuy33 on January 29th, 2012, 4:39 pm

I wonder is there any kind of connection between bfs and heart palpitations or arrythmia, I have had irregular heartbeats in the past, a little flicker or irregularity in the electrical beating of the heart that occurred at random moments, freaked me out when it happened to begin with, had various heart checks done, they found nothing, still happens every now and then, more than likely our old friend anxiety again
PetrifiedGuy33
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Silverbullet on January 29th, 2012, 4:49 pm

I am not sure. I have had irregular heart beat for years and have had those 24 hour monitors with the little box to carry around on the waste a number of times. I have iron overload so I have to monitored every once in a while.
Silverbullet

Postby jmo81 on February 2nd, 2012, 4:30 am

I have had heart palpitations pretty much all my life and BFS for the past 3 1/2 years. Im going to be seeing a cardiologist within the next week due to the increase severity of the palpitations. Would be nice if it were somehow tied with the fasciculations and I could get both of them taken care of at once!
jmo81

Postby johnnythejet on February 2nd, 2012, 1:00 pm

I keep leaning over trying to induce a heart palp but its not working. Am I doing it wrong? :P
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby plainslady on February 2nd, 2012, 1:23 pm

I've been meaning to reply to this for days. I have so many heart palpitations a day they may actually outnumber my twitches these days. I had a rough nights sleep last night so I decided at one point to sit up and read. I was reading while laying on my left side and the palps started and wouldn't stop until I rolled over on the right side and coughed hard several times.

I've been to the cardiologist and had the whole series of tests and blood work done. Everything is fine, but what I'm having are PVCs and sometimes when they occur one right after the other they feel scary. I especially notice them happening in sets when I exercise or when I'm anxious. My cardiologist had me wear a monitor for a month to record them, and for whatever reason they always happen when I lay on my left side. You could tell on my monitor when I rolled over to my left side because the PVCs would start.

At times I experience dizziness and sweating along with them, although it's hard to tell if that's the anxiety or the heartbeat.
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”
plainslady
Hero
Hero

Postby carphia on February 2nd, 2012, 3:04 pm

Johnny,
your maneuver and probability might be doing you wrong, mine are usually triggered not always completely bending over, but leaning forward the slightest to the left, but also for me they tend to happen under certain circumstances :D

Plainslady,
Interesting you mentioned the left side, mine seems to get triggered that way too. Def agree with you on the anxious part, it sets off a frenzy of them instantly.
carphia
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby cenkay.a on February 2nd, 2012, 6:33 pm

i get this a loooooooooot! most common time is when i just get into bed and begin to rest my back then it kicks in, also if i lean forward not completely bending my back though, when i go for a run/jog and some other random movements can trigger it. ive had them for years, but i do get it more often nowadays, though saying that i dont think ive had it in the last couple weeks.... ITS ALL SO UNPREDICTABLEEEEE AAAAAAAAARGGHHH :lol: :lol:
Twitching since December 2010
cenkay.a
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to Symptom Management