Therapy start on monday...

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Therapy start on monday...

Postby chrissi on January 24th, 2012, 7:22 am

..if the the there are no unexpected probs popping up, I will start the therapy I have been talking about on next monday :shock: because someone cancelled. :shock: It will be very intense in 2 weeks and I have to keep doing some things later on at home. I will try to write a daily report of what they have done and how I feel. I am bit nervous because he says I will most likely have a big flare up in the first days..
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Re: Therapy start on monday...

Postby Jujulia on January 24th, 2012, 10:17 am

hey! that's exciting! I hope your condition will improve and I'm looking forward to read your daily comments.
Jujulia
Hero
Hero

Postby jbaine on January 24th, 2012, 10:51 am

Good luck Chrissi!
Last edited by jbaine on January 24th, 2012, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jen : )
jbaine

Postby MarioMangler on January 24th, 2012, 12:12 pm

You will almost definitely have a flare up before the appt. You will probably also have a flare up during your appointment. That's perfectly normal, that's just what happens when you start releasing pent up anxiety. Once you recognize a flare up for what it is, it will actually sort of be soothing.
BFS FAQ:
1. No, that's not bulbar
2. No, the location doesn't matter
3. Yes, we have all had that symptom
4. No, you're not the exception
5. No, that's not ominous
6. No, you don't need an EMG
7. Yes, you will be fine
MarioMangler
Saint
Saint

Postby chicagobfs on January 24th, 2012, 1:41 pm

My first two days of school was crazy witch twitching ... I'm waiting for your reports:)
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby twitcherHH on January 24th, 2012, 4:12 pm

chrissi wrote:..if the the there are no unexpected probs popping up, I will start the therapy I have been talking about on next monday :shock: because someone cancelled. :shock: It will be very intense in 2 weeks and I have to keep doing some things later on at home. I will try to write a daily report of what they have done and how I feel. I am bit nervous because he says I will most likely have a big flare up in the first days..

Best of luck for you! I think the first thing they'll ask of you is stop reading this forum or any site related to twitching. In any case, I just want to say: You helped me a lot. I really believe in your explanations of benign twitching, and that did more for me than a year of psycho-therapy. Thank you.
twitcherHH
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby chrissi on January 24th, 2012, 4:22 pm

Hi twitcher,
I am glad I could help. Well, actually I am not anxious about my twitching anymore at all, but the other symptoms like my pain and tremors really influence my daily life, so I hope they can help me there. And I hope I will get tons of tricks to post that might help others here
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby Wells05 on January 24th, 2012, 10:49 pm

good luck friend I'm excited for u! Please share I will be looking forward to some helpful tips :) Ash
Wells05
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management