my calves! anyone?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

my calves! anyone?

Postby timmo on January 22nd, 2012, 4:59 pm

hey guys, is there anyone with stiff/tight calves (not cramps!) as a primary symptom? i'm suffering of these symptoms for exactly one year now. within the last two months i expericened some improvements (i almost lost my fears), but now it gets worse again. as long as i sit or lay in bed it's ok, but if i stand up i can feel that my calves get tight. beside my feet, i only get very few widespread twitches per day. maybe 50-100.

i dont know... my doctors diagnosed my symptoms as psychosomatic... but i can hardly accept it... i'm so desperate right now!
timmo

Re: my calves! anyone?

Postby nickston on January 22nd, 2012, 6:56 pm

Yes, I'm in the same boat as you, brother. The tightness in my right calf is my main symptom. I was on NSAIDs for a month (meloxicam) and that helped, but as soon as I went off the drug the tightness came back (it never went completely away though). I have some of the other symptoms people talk about, but even twitching is not my main symptom - it's this dumb tightness. Worse, I seem to be developing a similar feeling in my left forearm. :?
nickston
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby chrissi on January 23rd, 2012, 3:13 am

I still have thic, but not to the degree I had it in the beginnings. They were totally stiff and I had the constant feeling of someone pulling on my hamstrings.I had severe problems walking and most of all standing, even sitting was a problem and I needed tons of Ibufrofene. I also had it in both forearms to a degree where whey and my hands would tighten up so bad that I could not hold fork and spoon. If you look for my old posts from the beginning, I had a really rough time with it, but it had gotten much much better
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby mike fla on January 24th, 2012, 1:01 pm

Calves are one of the primary places that people with BFS have issues. I have the same problem myself.
mike fla
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby whatmeworry on January 30th, 2012, 4:56 pm

I have this too. In my case the stiffness has turned into persistent aches, but not surprising as my legs are always tight to begin with. I was just at a Physical Therapisst ont Saturday working on my calves. Sitting in the waiting room I happened to have my leg where I could see my calf while it wnt on a twitching spree, like someone playing piano with my calf muscles. Like many in the bfs spectrum i usually feel them and only see the end. this time i saw the whole show and it looks just *beep* what others have capturd on video. YEt predominantly, stiffness and/or pain is what i get. This seems to be a normal variant. I only get classic cramps if i step on a reallly cold floor, but not lying i bed.

My pain has been easing up even without benzodiazepenes. I was just wlking down a hall without stiffness. Hang in there, it gets better.
what, me spell?
whatmeworry

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management