Proctalgia fugax anyone?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Proctalgia fugax anyone?

Postby chrissi on January 21st, 2012, 10:02 am

Last edited by chrissi on February 28th, 2012, 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Re: Proctalgia fugax anyone?

Postby jbaine on January 21st, 2012, 10:50 am

Oh my gosh! I used to get that kind of stomach/rectal pain very often about 7 years ago. It started a few months after giving birth to my daughter. I would take her in her stroller on walks with my hsband and all of a sudden it would feel like I was being stabbed with a knife up the....
Anyway it was very intense and would make my stomach hurt. I would not be able to move. It still happens now from time to time but not as often as it did then. It is very embarassing! :|
Jen : )
jbaine

Postby twitcherHH on January 21st, 2012, 12:06 pm

I didn't even know that this had a name :-). I have this perhaps 1 to 4 times a year, wakes me up at night and subsides after 15-30 minutes. But since it started some fifteen years ago for me, I think it's unrelated to BFS.
twitcherHH
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Jujulia on January 21st, 2012, 9:16 pm

Poor Chrissi! This whole crap sucks, I know. Yesterday I was walking outside and out of the blue I started to feel bad cramps in my abdomen (in different places) and I was like what the heck is that? It literally started out of nowhere... My twitching has been very bad lately, I twitch non-stop everywhere... I even noticed that sometimes I couldn't see my twitches but could feel them well, I wonder what could explain that? :?
Jujulia
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management