The best therapy for BFS

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

The best therapy for BFS

Postby mike fla on December 21st, 2011, 8:09 pm

I was thinking today about all of the posts about how to treat BFS symptoms today, but I noticed that there is one thing that is missing from almost everyone's post. There's alot of talk about massages or managing stress or medication but noone talks about something that is very important to everyone. It is something that is very simple but can be very hard to do when you have twitching and cramping and have all the other crap that comes with this condition.

The answer is have fun! Once again I know this is difficult when you are worried that you have some horrible disease or just don't feel well, but if you can do this it will help. The other day I was twitching away and my stomach hurt and I just all around felt like crap, but I went to a party with some very good friends. We laughed and talked and had fun and you know what my stomach stopped hurting. I also did not notice my twitching at all and I had a really good time! So my recommendation to you BFSer's is to find those people that you really like. The ones that make you feel good and that you can be yourself around. Spend some time with them. Maybe go for a bike ride (sorry to all you northerners with you crappy weather) or see a good movie. If you have kids try and find something fun to do with them. Most importantly take your mind off you conditions. If you can start to do this on a regular basis I bet your stress levels will go down, you will have an improved outlook on life and your BFS will not seem quite as bad.
mike fla
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: The best therapy for BFS

Postby Spencerryan1 on December 23rd, 2011, 12:10 pm

Thanks for uplifting advice. This twitching has Definetly taken a lot of fun and joy out of my life.
Spencerryan1

Postby skinnywilson on December 26th, 2011, 7:40 pm

You are absolutely correct. Fun will make the itching, burning and twitching reduce.
skinnywilson
Interested
Interested

Postby kovitch on December 27th, 2011, 5:11 am

Hey Mike,

you are totally reason, that the one thing that I found to reduce or forget my twitch too! having fun ! the worst that I do to try to forget all that sh***, was to drink a lot of alcohol every day (night with friends), it work but now 5 month with being drunk and making party, my neuro are not concernead about my twitches but about my alcolism! he presribe me a therapy... That Twitch are the worst thing happened in my life !
kovitch

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management