"Cramping" on Shin? Really!?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

"Cramping" on Shin? Really!?

Postby carphia on November 20th, 2011, 7:00 pm

The past three days I've experienced something I haven't before. I guess there's only one way to describe it; a cramp, tightening sensation right on the shin of my left leg. I get cramping like that under my feet when its really cold, which the feeling is quite similar. Anyone ever get shin cramping? seems like a really odd place to get a cramp, I wonder if potassium will help a bit.

"Sometimes, that mountain you've been climbing, is just a grain of sand...."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEQj6RrQbgA
carphia
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: "Cramping" on Shin? Really!?

Postby mwagner on November 20th, 2011, 8:56 pm

You sure it's not shin splints? Did you go running or walk a lot? Shin splints aren't really a cramp though, but I used to get them all the time when I used to run and it would involve really tight and painful shins.
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby chrissi on November 21st, 2011, 3:54 am

I had shin cramps before and my hubby actually cramps there a lot.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby chrissi on November 21st, 2011, 3:56 am

I am not too sure if you are really describing a cramp. Shin cramps are awfully awfully painful, make hubby jump out of bed...I think you maybe get this tightening feeling there that many, many, many people here fet in the shin/calf region.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby mike fla on November 21st, 2011, 10:06 am

I get them. Remember that this condition involves hyper-excitable nerve endings. So it makes sense to have cramping/ aches and pains in your shin area.
mike fla
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management