How often do you twitch?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

How often do you twitch?

Postby luluq07 on November 3rd, 2011, 6:53 am

HI everyone how much does everyone twitch?

When i wake up I normally feel one in my back or Gluts then it travels down to my legs...and then there it goes all day long.. When I am sitting down I mostly feel it my calves. But it happens in my arms abs, back, lips, everywhere...Sooo I basically twitch all day long!

Does anyone else?
luluq07

Re: How often do you twitch?

Postby bobajojo on November 3rd, 2011, 7:40 am

luloq,

I'm the same as you. The arches of my feet and my calves twitch nonstop and then I get it very frequently in my back, shoulders, butt, tongue, neck, hands, lip, etc. Most of the day, I have multiple muscles twitching at the same time. -Matt
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby plainslady on November 3rd, 2011, 7:48 am

In the beginning I twitched every second of the day, in multiple locations at the same time. Now it varies from a few every minute to less than that even. They are still mainly in my right leg, outside of my foot, calf and thigh. Although I always have random thumps in unpredictable places...back, abs, scalp, chin, shoulder, arm, hand.

Overall, it has slowed to a more manageable pace!
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one”
plainslady
Hero
Hero

Postby mike fla on November 3rd, 2011, 6:06 pm

Mine varies. I get the popcorn feelings in the leg more than anything and at it is mainly when I am sitting. There are times I get those almost every second. When I am active I often feel none at all and I get them less frequently when I am laying down. In terms of noticeable muscle twitches it varies from every few minutes to barely at all. In terms of fatigue/ muscle pain and the twitches, I get that 10x worse when I am stressed out.
mike fla
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby TwitchyDoc on November 4th, 2011, 9:44 am

Depends on food in my case, which strongly strenghten my suspicion that BFS (at least mine) is metabolic disorded affecting axonal excitability. It makes sense as spicy food, milk and too much gluten make me twitch more.
However its like few twitches per 10 minutes in better days, few per 5 minutes in worse days and few per minute in really bad days. More upper arms and legs, also back and rib cage is quite common.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby mwagner on November 4th, 2011, 10:19 am

Few twitches per ten minutes? Wow, I would consider myself cured in that case. I go from 1 twitch every 10 seconds or so, to bad times where I'm twitching once a second (or maybe even more). All my calves and right foot, except for a random pop in various other places.
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby bobajojo on November 4th, 2011, 11:30 am

Me too. I get an average of 3 per second going off in multiple muscles at once. I can only hope that mine slow down to a few per minute!
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby Simonaa on November 4th, 2011, 12:03 pm

Im twitching also every second!!! Every Second another muscle:/ brrrr :( and thats since April:/
Simonaa
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Barbie800 on November 15th, 2011, 5:23 pm

I twitch all day. However, it's hard to guess how much. Sometimes it's constant like every few mintues. Sometimes it may be longer periods in between. Let just say in the 1,000's. This pas summer though they greatly decreased but have come back strong. Who knows.
Barbie800
Saint
Saint

Postby nate911 on November 15th, 2011, 6:55 pm

My calves are the most often... I get twitches there almost 24/7... They are there when I sleep and when I wake up. As others have noted though, I have periods where it is less (maybe instead of multiple twitches in the calves all the time I get 1-2 twitches in the calves every 10-15 seconds). That would be a low time for me.

I often get them in the lower part of my quads near my knee... (maybe like 1-2 twitches a minute)

Then there's the occasional ones... the glutes, hamstrings, back, shoulder, finger, eyelid... Those may be more like 1-2 twitches a day... They usually come on strong and then stop shortly after.
nate911

Postby mwagner on November 15th, 2011, 7:01 pm

Nate,

You're exactly like me. The way you described yourself is exactly like me. To a tee.

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby nate911 on November 16th, 2011, 11:48 am

Mitra - We're twitching twins!
nate911

Postby raindog on November 17th, 2011, 7:43 pm

nate911 wrote:Mitra - We're twitching twins!

Make that tripplets :lol:
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby dreadpirateroberts on November 18th, 2011, 12:07 pm

Probably once per second, on average, somewhere on my body. Constant movement in feet insteps and almost constant movement in calves. If you add it up, that's 86,400 per day! Klonopin knocks that in half, so when I take it ONLY 40,000 twitches or so a day :( :lol:
dreadpirateroberts
Hero
Hero

Postby Barbie800 on November 18th, 2011, 7:36 pm

dreadpirateroberts wrote:Probably once per second, on average, somewhere on my body. Constant movement in feet insteps and almost constant movement in calves. If you add it up, that's 86,400 per day! Klonopin knocks that in half, so when I take it ONLY 40,000 twitches or so a day :( :lol:

Wow. Just when I thought I had it bad. You can take the record.
Barbie800
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to Symptom Management