Does the leg pain ever go away?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Does the leg pain ever go away?

Postby blue123rd on October 27th, 2011, 4:47 pm

My leg pain is now in both legs. Even lying dow resting after work it still aches, feels like cramping in the calfves at times. i had to run about .25 miles yesterday morning to avoid getting drenched with rain. it as painful all day yesterday, last night and today. I'm 325 pounds as well , i know thats not helping either but will the pain ever go away or is it there for good. my left arm feels acky when i type a lot. Please help, this is so frustrating. Is there anything i can do to make the pain go away such as exercise, stretching, walking , massaage etc or is there any medications that would be good. thanking you in advance. i hope we all get through this. We deserve it. God bless everyone.
blue123rd

Re: Does the leg pain ever go away?

Postby chrissi on October 28th, 2011, 2:54 am

Well, mine got better. Well IF it is there it is still bad, but there are good days and bad days. In the beginning it was here all the time. I have it all over my body, especially the legs and the forearms, but when I compare it to the beginnings...yes, it got better. There are many days I do not have to take Ibuprofene now, in the beginnings I had days I could not move unless a daily dosage of up to 2000mg!!! Make sure you keep your legs, arms and fingers warm, that helps a lot for stiffness and pain (might increase the twitching a bit though...). I need a lot of fine motor skilld for my work, and I had to put on a biiiiiiiiiig heater in there to make it warm enough to keep my hands "smooth". Now -on bad hand days-I sit up there with a muscle shirt and shorts, and tropical temperatures....in the middle of winter. I wonder what we will have to pay for heating this year.. :oops: But a temperature that is OK for my hands to do that stuff, would make me have a collapse in normal clothing LOL yes, bfs is weird...
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby chicagobfs on November 1st, 2011, 1:00 pm

In my case it does for a few weeks and than comes back like a bad dream. But still is better than at the begging where I had horrible pain in my knes and hands. I never felt trully myself again, feels like I got older by 20 years in few weeks. :roll:
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby blue123rd on November 1st, 2011, 4:25 pm

It's weird. I took a weeks holidays to do some bathroom renovations and guess what. I haven't been able to do a thing. I couldn't even go to the hockey game saturday night because of the leg pain. I've used asorbine jr (it doesnt seem to work) My legs feel rubbery if that a correct term. I can stand on one foot but both of them pain. I saw my doctor last night and he thinks its my weight at 325 where i ran approximately 1/4 of a mile last wednesday morning to avoid getting drenched with the rain. I know the weight is too high and im desperately trying to lose it but do you think that sounds like BFS or weight related or something else. Does BFS affect 2 legs at once?
blue123rd

Postby mike fla on November 3rd, 2011, 6:14 pm

I think if you can find a way to be more active and reduce your stress it will help. I have days where I am very active and do not feel nearly as much fatigue, but today I did nothing but sit all day and I am having more pain and twitches. I think if you can at least do some walking (I try and walk an hour a day) or whatever amount will not cause you to overdo it, your anxiety will go down and maybe your pain levels too. I also do a lot of stretching and take hot baths to soak my legs. I have even been doing yoga which has helped me a ton. Just remember to take it slow at first and build up at your own pace.
mike fla
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby mike fla on November 3rd, 2011, 6:15 pm

I would say it is definintely BFS. I get pain in both my legs and my arms. It is just kind of a tired, achy, sore feeling. I am sure that weight can also be a contributing factor because you are asking more of your muscles. Hope you feel better!
mike fla
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby NorthernDave on November 3rd, 2011, 9:37 pm

Unfortunately mine does not. For myself the severity of pain can decrease or increase but it's always there and it's annoying. Been a year, and I'm still unable to run because of the pain in my legs and knees. I workout regularly, including legs, but something about the repetitive action of running, irritates my muscles and nerves.

There's a bunch of people on here who can barely walk because of pain, for some people it goes away and not everyone gets severe pain. The pain, aches, etc, could be Fibro, only a Rhumatologist can diagnose Fibro, you should get your Dr. to refer you to one after all Neurological tests are done.
NorthernDave

Postby mike fla on November 3rd, 2011, 11:11 pm

One other thing I am seeing a psychologist that specializes in pain management. I don't know if it will help but if it does I will let everyone know.
mike fla
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management