Some help in pain relief..

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Some help in pain relief..

Postby chrissi on October 1st, 2011, 6:58 am

Pain is my major problem with BFS so far, since my anxiety is better. Usually it's my right leg feeling sore and kind of with a lack of blood circulation. I had a lot of Ibuprofene the last weeks, and today it was so bad I really cried from all the pain that spread all over my body. I talked to my pharmacist and he saidI might give kytta balm a try and...it really works!!!! It makes body parts feeling warm but really, the pain is very much better! Just a tip for those whose legs feel likeexploding sometimes! NowI smell like my grandma, BUT I can sit on my chair .
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
User avatar
chrissi
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1538
Joined: August 10th, 2011, 2:06 am
Location: Germany

Re: Some help in pain relief..

Postby garym on October 1st, 2011, 8:08 am

Chrissi,

gabapentin helped me with pain in the early stages of bfs. might want to look into it. Also, some of the ssri's can help with pain. Good luck and congrats on the referral to the neuro group, let us know what they find out.

take care,
Gary
garym
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: August 23rd, 2003, 1:24 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Some help in pain relief..

Postby mwagner on October 1st, 2011, 10:47 am

Chrissi,

Just a though - what if this isn't something neurological. Have you thought about seeing a specialist that deals in pain management like a rheumatologist?

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: August 27th, 2011, 5:15 pm

Re: Some help in pain relief..

Postby chrissi on October 1st, 2011, 12:18 pm

The group I will see in February has also specialists in fibromyalgia. Fibro/BFS/CFS are regarded as "sister" dideseases from some people, and I had a lot of positive tender points (test for fibro) last time I was tested when the pain was only in my legs, and since then I've developed a lot more widespread pain, so it's likely that I will be diagnosed with fibro.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
User avatar
chrissi
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1538
Joined: August 10th, 2011, 2:06 am
Location: Germany

Re: Some help in pain relief..

Postby mwagner on October 1st, 2011, 10:44 pm

Chrissi,

I'm hoping that if it is fibro-related, that they can give you medication for it, and you won't have to be in pain anymore.

I am hoping and praying that you'll be pain free soon!

I know, at least on TV, there are commercials that have medication to help alleviate fibromyalgia... Hopefully they actually work, if that's what you have.

Mitra
mwagner
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1066
Joined: August 27th, 2011, 5:15 pm

Re: Some help in pain relief..

Postby chrissi on October 2nd, 2011, 2:55 am

Thank you mitra, that's nice of you.Pain is a big issue for some people here, so hopefully we can find something to treat that.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
User avatar
chrissi
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1538
Joined: August 10th, 2011, 2:06 am
Location: Germany

Re: Some help in pain relief..

Postby trajon_34 on October 2nd, 2011, 5:06 pm

garym wrote:Chrissi,

gabapentin helped me with pain in the early stages of bfs. might want to look into it. Also, some of the ssri's can help with pain. Good luck and congrats on the referral to the neuro group, let us know what they find out.

take care,
Gary



Can I ask at what dosage your relief came? This is the first med I've started and the neuro had me start at 100mg and eventually work my way up to 300 x 3 times a day for 900 total. I'm at this max now and have noticed a slight change but not complete relief by any means. Every 4 days as I bumped up 100mg the day after an increase was AMAZING but it seems like it slowly wore off each time to a new plateua, if that makes any sense.
User avatar
trajon_34
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time
 
Posts: 129
Joined: May 27th, 2011, 10:50 am
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: Some help in pain relief..

Postby trajon_34 on October 2nd, 2011, 5:09 pm

chrissi wrote:Pain is my major problem with BFS so far, since my anxiety is better. Usually it's my right leg feeling sore and kind of with a lack of blood circulation. I had a lot of Ibuprofene the last weeks, and today it was so bad I really cried from all the pain that spread all over my body. I talked to my pharmacist and he saidI might give kytta balm a try and...it really works!!!! It makes body parts feeling warm but really, the pain is very much better! Just a tip for those whose legs feel likeexploding sometimes! NowI smell like my grandma, BUT I can sit on my chair .



Glad that you found relief!! This product doesn't appear to be available in the USA. Unless you can buy via the web.
User avatar
trajon_34
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time
 
Posts: 129
Joined: May 27th, 2011, 10:50 am
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: Some help in pain relief..

Postby garym on October 2nd, 2011, 6:12 pm

trajon_34 wrote:Can I ask at what dosage your relief came? This is the first med I've started and the neuro had me start at 100mg and eventually work my way up to 300 x 3 times a day for 900 total. I'm at this max now and have noticed a slight change but not complete relief by any means. Every 4 days as I bumped up 100mg the day after an increase was AMAZING but it seems like it slowly wore off each time to a new plateua, if that makes any sense.


I was taking 900mg per day when the most benefit was evident. Did basically nothing for the fascics and my neuro wanted to increase to 1200/day, but my insurance refused to pay, so I didn't do it. Hopefully you will get some relief.

Take care,
Gary
garym
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 1888
Joined: August 23rd, 2003, 1:24 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Some help in pain relief..

Postby johnnythejet on October 8th, 2011, 11:21 pm

Mmm I like tramadol, mixed in with some Ativan. Gooooood stuff.
User avatar
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint
 
Posts: 1602
Joined: September 15th, 2005, 2:36 pm
Location: Kansas

Re: Some help in pain relief..

Sponsor

Sponsor
 


Return to Symptom Management

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron