Another pointless survey......

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Another pointless survey......

Postby wanderer on September 23rd, 2011, 4:42 pm

1. Issues with handwriting?
All my life before BFS crap. My teacher would say my handwriting looks like as if I had written while ridding on a horse.

2. Increase on decrease with catching colds or flus?
None still the same.

3. Cracking sounds in areas such as your neck, back, or feet?
Knees and neck

4. Symptoms of IBS?
All my life especially I dont know morning after I brush my teeth I always get stomach ache for no reason! Its always early morning I notice.

5. Trouble with your balance?
No

6. Trouble (percieved) swallowing?
No

7. Increase in headaches?
No

8. Tongue twitches?
I had very few of this its more like spasm I felt. But the weird thing is I felt a bit more on the mouth and throat than tongue but they hardly come.

9. Twitching in your back or abdomen?
When I have nightmare for some weir reason it twitches at my back.

10. Do you or did you watch the HBO series True Blood?? :lol: :lol: :lol: (sorry, inside joke, had to put it in here Mary) That and I ran out of symptoms that people ask me about and I hate not ending with an even number :D

No i dont. I was crazy about Prison Break and Lost and after both of them ended I just did not find anything else that interesting in the series except some realitys hows like Hells Kitchen and Amazing Race. :D
wanderer
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby tiggida on September 23rd, 2011, 7:42 pm

mommylondon wrote:Do you like surveys, I like surveys...I think they are good to help others see that they are not alone with their symptoms, and that there symptoms are common among other BFSers...Sure you could sit and do a search in the archives for your symptoms..and that does well for many...but sometimes its hard to do all that reading and sometimes its not good to do all that reading as you may run into others anxious thoughts and find yourself drowning in your own pool of anxiety...

So here is another symptom list..Do you have....

1. Issues with handwriting?Hands cramp up a lot now when I write or do anything.. alot of hand pain too

2. Increase on decrease with catching colds or flus?No Change here, don't really get colds or flu very often

3. Cracking sounds in areas such as your neck, back, or feet?Heck yes!!! Neck, back and ankles really bad

4. Symptoms of IBS?Yes, have dealt with this for years. Not officially diagnosed, but doctor said I probably have it.

5. Trouble with your balance?Yes, lately it has felt off...When really anxious it's worse.

6. Trouble (percieved) swallowing?Sometimes... not a huge problem for me

7. Increase in headaches?YES!! My headache problem started before the full blown twitching and am still dealing with it today

8. Tongue twitches?I do get tongue twitching, but it is the place that I have twitched the least

9. Twitching in your back or abdomen?HECK YES!!! In the beginning they were so strong it was so frightening. These places are regular random poppers for me with occasional hotspots.

10. Do you or did you watch the HBO series True Blood?? :lol: :lol: :lol: (sorry, inside joke, had to put it in here Mary) That and I ran out of symptoms that people ask me about and I hate not ending with an even number :D

These surveys may be pointless in some people eyes...but I know for a fact that mine and others have helped some people and thats all I care about....It aint a popularity contest around here folks..people are struggling and others can help...can we just let that happen since thats what this board is all about??

Take care all

Robynn :D
tiggida
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby mwagner on September 26th, 2011, 10:59 am

Hi Robynn!

1. Issues with handwriting? Well, it's not good - I've always gotten complaints about it.

2. Increase on decrease with catching colds or flus? I've got a pretty strong immune system. With two small children, I seem to catch hardly anything.

3. Cracking sounds in areas such as your neck, back, or feet? Sometimes.

4. Symptoms of IBS? Yes, for sure.

5. Trouble with your balance? No, I don't think so.

6. Trouble (percieved) swallowing? Yes, I keep thinking I have small bits of food caught in my throat. Could be GERD, or anxiety, but it's scary.

7. Increase in headaches? No.

8. Tongue twitches? No - maybe one.

9. Twitching in your back or abdomen? Again, maybe a twitch here or there, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Nope, but heard it's great! The best show on TV in my opinion is Breaking Bad, but that is a show that will surely make you twitch! :)
mwagner
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on September 26th, 2011, 12:19 pm

Yes, crappy handwriting that only I can read. Frequent mistakes.
Don't get flus/colds too often. Excercising often is what keeps me healthy I think.
feet, back, knees, eblow
4. Symptoms of IBS?
No
Yes, sometimes.
Not anymore, but I've been there.
Not anymore.
8. Tongue twitches?
Not yet.
Yes
10. Do you or did you watch the HBO series True Blood?? (sorry, inside joke, had to put it in here Mary) That and I ran out of symptoms that people ask me about and I hate not ending with an even number
Nope.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby greenmermaid on November 10th, 2011, 5:46 am

1. Issues with handwriting? Yes

2. Increase on decrease with catching colds or flus? No

3. Cracking sounds in areas such as your neck, back, or feet? Yes

4. Symptoms of IBS? No

5. Trouble with your balance? Rare

6. Trouble (percieved) swallowing? Sometimes

7. Increase in headaches? No

8. Tongue twitches? No but i have palate and nose twitches!

9. Twitching in your back or abdomen? No but today I have a butt twitch :-)
greenmermaid
Interested
Interested

Postby bfshopeful on November 10th, 2011, 3:25 pm

1. Issues with handwriting? No

3. Cracking sounds in areas such as your neck, back, or feet? Only when I crack them.

4. Symptoms of IBS? Yes

5. Trouble with your balance? Not with bfs, but have had with extreme anxiety before.

6. Trouble (percieved) swallowing? No, but talking yes.

8. Tongue twitches? Yes

9. Twitching in your back or abdomen? Yes
"It's mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."
bfshopeful
Saint
Saint

Postby aussie sufferer on November 12th, 2011, 6:00 am

1. Issues with handwriting?- YES NOW AND THEN

2. Increase on decrease with catching colds or flus?- NO

3. Cracking sounds in areas such as your neck, back, or feet?- YES!

4. Symptoms of IBS?-YES!!!!
5. Trouble with your balance?- NO AND THEN!!

6. Trouble (percieved) swallowing?- NO

7. Increase in headaches?NO

8. Tongue twitches?NO

9. Twitching in your back or abdomen? NOW AND THEN- NOT MUCH

10. Do you or did you watch the HBO series True Blood?? (sorry, inside joke, had to put it in here Mary) That and I ran out of symptoms that people ask me about and I hate not ending with an even number - YEP ALL OF THEM-SOOKIE IS HOT!

ps. i HAVE BEEN GETTING SENSITIVE TEETH ISSUES AT THE MONENT- NOT ALL OF THEM, JUST RANDOM- BFS RELATED YOU RECKON? TWITCHES.. YEP STILL THERE, BUT TOLERABLE, SETTLED A LITTLE I THINK

CHEERS
RODGER
aussie sufferer
Saint
Saint

Postby bobajojo on November 12th, 2011, 7:51 am

1. Issues with handwriting? Sometimes

3. Cracking sounds in areas such as your neck, back, or feet? Oh yeah

4. Symptoms of IBS? I had some before my twitching started

5. Trouble with your balance? Not really

6. Trouble (percieved) swallowing? Feel like there is a lot of phlegm in the back of my throat

8. Tongue twitches? Yes, a lot

9. Twitching in your back or abdomen? TONS. My back is always twitching, pulling and popping. Occasionally, I'll get a few pops in my abdomen as well.

10. Do you or did you watch the HBO series True Blood?? (sorry, inside joke, had to put it in here Mary) That and I ran out of symptoms that people ask me about and I hate not ending with an even number . Never seen it.
Over 10 billion twitches since May 2011.
bobajojo
Saint
Saint

Postby jcrissman2 on November 16th, 2011, 10:23 pm

-- Yes. Sometimes I'll be at work writing something and my hand will feel like it's not working properly at all. Have to struggle to write, but then the next day it's better.

-- No. Get about the same number of colds and flus that I always have.

-- Yes. Where my right leg connects to my hip is probably the most frequent spot.

4. Symptoms of IBS?
-- Yes. Since I was 10 years old. Varying degrees of success in self-treatment which generally consists of trying to relax, eating 35 g of fiber per day + drinking about 1.5 gallons of water per day.

-- Yes. I still have what I would consider good balance, but sometimes it's really, really off.

-- Not really. I've had this in the past but I am convinced it was all in my head.

-- Yes. I've had migraines since I was 14. I've had really, really bad ones in the past including blindness, numbness, etc. My whole family gets them. Lately they are less severe (likely because I take Excedrin at the first sign of them) but more frequent.

8. Tongue twitches?
-- No. At least I don't think so. I refuse to look.

-- Yes. Abdomen twitching is one of the first places I noticed twitching before it went ALL OVER.

10. Do you or did you watch the HBO series True Blood??
-- No.
On the board since January of 2008. Originally under my first username jcrissman which appears to have been hacked at some point.
jcrissman2
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby aliciaicila on November 17th, 2011, 4:43 pm

1. Issues with handwriting? No.

2. Increase on decrease with catching colds or flus? Always have.

3. Cracking sounds in areas such as your neck, back, or feet? My shoulders and toes have always popped, but I've noticed many joints popping, lately. Especially hips.

4. Symptoms of IBS? No. Used to.

5. Trouble with your balance? Sometimes.

6. Trouble (percieved) swallowing? Yes.

7. Increase in headaches? No.

8. Tongue twitches? Yes.

9. Twitching in your back or abdomen? Yes, both.

10. Do you or did you watch the HBO series True Blood?? :lol: :lol: :lol: (sorry, inside joke, had to put it in here Mary) That and I ran out of symptoms that people ask me about and I hate not ending with an even number :D Only once. :P
aliciaicila
Interested
Interested

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Symptom Management