Prednisolone

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Prednisolone

Postby nonstop on September 18th, 2011, 9:55 pm

I have also been looking at 3 possible syndromes that match my numerous symptoms: Isaacs syndrome, Morvan's syndrome and Sjogrens syndrome. Of course, they all share similarities with my symptoms so I can't really determine on my own which might be afflicting me. But I did see that immune response is a connections between these syndromes. So I am trying a low dose of Prednisolone to see if a little immune suppression might help.

I will update in a week or two.
nonstop

Re: Prednisolone

Postby mommylondon on September 18th, 2011, 11:54 pm

Call me crazy but a steriod is one of the last things I would be putting in my body with having BFS...the other syndromes you named off are insanely rare, especially Morvan's Syndrome....Is your doctor prescribing this???
Quote: To mend the hearts of everyone that feels alone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd6BlNKCkRs
mommylondon
Saint
Saint

Postby chrissi on September 19th, 2011, 1:40 am

I'm on prednisolone right now for allergic reaction. But didn't do anything for my twitchig. I've been on Pred twice before , 9 months each time, and I had the feeling I cought every germ flying around with it.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Postby raindog on September 19th, 2011, 8:55 am

My neuro has all but in name diagnosed me with Neuromyotonia when i asked about streroid and plasmapheresis he said because i have no abnormalities in my bloodwork there is no point and their long term use would be more dangerous to my body than the condition i have.
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby dreadpirateroberts on September 20th, 2011, 9:07 am

My neurologist has suggested this as a short term trial as he thinks that my form of BFS is due to an auto-immune issue. That is, after a flu bug, my auto-immune system wouldn't turn off and began attacking muscle nerves at random. If this is true, the prednisone may limit the immune system from attacking the muscle nerves. However, I agree that this is not likely a long term solution but it might shed some light on whether it really is an auto immune issue. Let us know how this works out.
dreadpirateroberts
Hero
Hero

Postby johnny999 on October 11th, 2011, 2:13 am

Dont know if this helps, but when in my "disaster research" stage i convinced myself I had Morvan's, also. I didn't think i had ALS like most people here, but thought i had a brain abcess and/or brain tumor and/or lyme and/or several rare diseases. But eventually, after months of avoiding sleep almost entirely, my mind eventually returned to homeostasis as the void of disease-thinking was filled with exercising and working.

Have you tried a clean diet, nonstop? e.g. limited grains, mainly fruits, veggies, meats, and herbs + spices.
johnny999
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management