shake shake shake......

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

shake shake shake......

Postby chrissi on August 20th, 2011, 5:23 am

Last edited by chrissi on February 28th, 2012, 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Re: shake shake shake......

Postby wanderer on August 20th, 2011, 9:51 am

Yup I also have it. Was at some apple store few days back and checking out the ipads and gawd when pressing the buttons my fingers were nuts so *beep* embarassing. I have to thank my mom for this.
wanderer
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby johnnythejet on August 20th, 2011, 10:11 am

I've had this quite a bit, exactly what you described with the hands and clumsiness. It is always there for me but I have realized that caffeine and anxiety make it more severe. Either way, nothing to worry about but it can be reduced by adjusting lifestyle a bit.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby SuziQ on August 21st, 2011, 9:32 am

Do a search for tremors and ratcheting, here on the forum.

You will find that a LOT of us have this! Some neuro's have diagnosed folks with benign essential tremor, but in my case, it has been self-limiting and it waxes, and wanes now. I only tremor every once in a while, and it will last only a few days at a time. In the beginning, it was constant, and I felt ratcheting in nearly every muscle, as well; including neck, my trunk, my legs, my shoulders, and even my diaphragm. I would actually feel a strange hesitation in my chest when I would breathe. My husband has heard it, himself, and commented on it. Very bizarre, but all "normal" for bfs.

Blessings,
Sue
Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Mark Twain
SuziQ
Saint
Saint

Postby RandyR on August 21st, 2011, 10:55 am

I have tremors and was dx with essential tremor, but they have got a whole alot better the last few months. My fingers do the same thing as yours, if I lay my hands down flat on a table and try to pick my pinky fingers up the one on my left hand ratchets up and down, my right one is smooth. I noticed this while riding with the car window down and having my hand on the door tapping my fingers to the music.

I will say that exorsize has helped with mine tremondously, Walking, riding a bike, and doing pushups. But don't panic if the first few times you try this they get worse, I tremored so bad the first time I almost had a panic attack. But they ease up after a while. I still have them come and go but not a frequent.

I also have the rubbery legs on occasion, some days are good and some horriable. But I can still walk and I will not let it stop me. Just push thru it and don't let it win. People will tell you on here to keep moving and I agree 100%.....

Randy
PAX ARMIS ACQUIRITUR

But they who wait upon the lord shall
renew their strength; they shall mount up with
wings as Eagles; they shall run, and not be
weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.(ISAIAH 40:31)
RandyR
Hero
Hero

Postby jorge on March 31st, 2012, 9:33 am

Hi Randy,
I also have tremors and they are spreading to more muscles and getting worse. I just had to come back early from my morning walk (that I do every weekend) because my legs got very shaky. I was scared that I would not be able to walk back home. It is the first I time I have this “rubbery legs” felling and it freaked my out :shock: . After a 30 minutes it got better, but my legs feel tired now.
I am 35 and have BFS for 7 months.
Jorge
jorge

Postby Chipper3 on April 9th, 2012, 2:28 pm

Kinda scarry... but nothing to worry about. I have had this too and still have it but, with time and control over your anxiety, it will get better. I encourage everyone to do meditation daily and accept what is going on now... it is part of you but does not mean it will stay. Stop the worry about what may be because it will not happen but you will waste your precious time worrying about it.

Welcome to living and life. Shift from thinking about yourself to loving someone.

I am in full acceptance and with that, symtoms have much improved (except the twitches which are the same but who cares). It is your journey but I pray you will find yourself quicker than I did. I am happy now and in the very good physical shape for a 52 year old.

Take care. chip
Chipper3
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management