How many people here have been on Valium

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

How many people here have been on Valium

Postby Twichyman87 on August 6th, 2011, 12:20 am

I was just wondering how many people have had clean Emg's AND eeg's and been put on Valium.
That's what I've been on for a couple of months to relive the twitching which my doc's don't believe at times just cause they can't see them. I see my fingers move on their on all the time and had really bad precevied muscle weakness were on some days I thought my muscles were done for and the next there perfectly fine. Also it feels like every muscle :D in my body moves on it's own and my toes seem like they move on their own and this only happens when the muscles are at rest.
Twichyman87

Re: How many people here have been on Valium

Postby Shanny63 on August 13th, 2011, 12:10 am

Hi I am on Valium but it's for my anxiety not my bfs...but one thing I noticed the other day was that I had a severe migraine and I took oxycodone and twitches completely stopped for the first time in over three months my body did not twitch at all....as soon as I stopped taking the oxycodone of course I turned into the twitching fool again....my toes and fingers move on their own too it's all bfs..... :) ....have a good day shannon
Shanny63
Saint
Saint

Postby chicagobfs on August 13th, 2011, 11:19 am

Actually there is one person on the forum that takes oxy everyday and claims that helps a lot with BFS
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby Shanny63 on August 13th, 2011, 8:19 pm

Hey Chicago, that's really interesting I only take it when I have severe migraines...unfortunately it makes me vomit so while it stops my migraines and my bfs it also has negative side effects with me....I wonder though why it stops the bfs...mmm I will ponder that question for a while....thanks shan
Shanny63
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on August 21st, 2011, 2:22 am

I've been on lots of pain killers recently and they have definately reduced my symptoms. Hydrocodone and tramadol.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Shanny63 on August 21st, 2011, 6:19 am

That's interesting Johnny, I wonder why strong pain killers ease up the twitches? I suppose no body will ever do a study on it because it's a benign condition, but it still is interesting...shannon
Shanny63
Saint
Saint

Postby johnnythejet on August 21st, 2011, 11:38 am

Shanny63 wrote:That's interesting Johnny, I wonder why strong pain killers ease up the twitches? I suppose no body will ever do a study on it because it's a benign condition, but it still is interesting...shannon

I'm not really sure. Maybe its just the sedative effect. Tramadol is great too because it has anti-depressant properties which helps with anxiety.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby glitterwater on August 23rd, 2011, 5:30 pm

Many of us have been put on Klonopin, a cousin to Valium, after clean neuro tests.
"O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me." Psalms 30:2
glitterwater
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management