Hotspot aroudn the knee..eww

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Hotspot aroudn the knee..eww

Postby TwitchyDoc on August 9th, 2011, 1:10 am

About Retigabine - I believe (my personal idea) BFS is caused by channel problems so it can work. While Tegretol is blocker (of sodium), Retigabine is opener. I think it might be as useful as carbamazepines but as I said, I have no experience with it.
Randy, the liver tests are usually done all along the treatment to see if your liver function does not decline. Unfortunately, its quite strain on the liver, especially if you drink alcohol (I do...). I would say the usual interval is 2-3 months but it depends on your doctor.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby fargo on August 9th, 2011, 7:49 am

@ trajon

I will as soon as I lay my hands on it:) My neuro is not willing to prescribe things.. It can be obtained online without prescription but I'm a little uncertain about the quality .. side effects of drugs already put me off..

One is an opener the other a blocker - perhaps they should be used simultaneously:) I still don't get it T.Doc - you didn't have experiencce with tegretol before it all started for you, did you? But you decided to take tegretol although it sure doesn't cure anything while trobalt can actually cure you, at least that's what they say in the presented paper.. I havent moved from square one yet on this one but thanks anyway :)
fargo

Postby TwitchyDoc on August 9th, 2011, 7:56 am

Fargo, I did use Tegretol like 6 months ago and it did help..so it did for many others I know. Unfortunately I did not take it exactly how I should and the effect disappeared. Now I am taking it properly and after 2 days there is noticeable improvement...few twitches per hour.
BTW, you cannot use them simultaneously as you need to either block or pass, depends on the condition..which is still not known. But do not get me wrong, if Tegretol stops working, I will try Trileptal (oxcarbamazepine] and then maybe the ones you mentioned.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Symptom Management