Tic Tamer

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Tic Tamer

Postby luluq07 on July 26th, 2011, 7:36 am

Hi everyone, I saw this online and I decided to get it... and it didn't work at all.. so now im more upset! I have not gotten to the point where the twitches are like background music.. i can't stand them and I can't stand bad days when they are out of control....so frustrating...
Having a *beep* week and just thought I would share...
luluq07

Re: Tic Tamer

Postby RandyR on July 26th, 2011, 10:32 am

Tic Tamer, is that something like the shamwow, or the snuggie? I've never heard of it, but I'm pretty sure if there was something to take away twitches our neauro's would be filling us in on it...lol

I hate the twitches too, and I think the feeling is mutual on here. But they do seem to get less stressing with time. Hang in there and maybe you will be one of the lucky few that has them dissapear. If not they will become less and less of an annoyance. Good luck....

God Bless

Randy
PAX ARMIS ACQUIRITUR

But they who wait upon the lord shall
renew their strength; they shall mount up with
wings as Eagles; they shall run, and not be
weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.(ISAIAH 40:31)
RandyR
Hero
Hero

Postby dreadpirateroberts on August 1st, 2011, 9:01 am

Don't know what the tic tamer is, but I hear you on the "background music". The only time I don't notice the constant muscle movement is when I'm actively doing something. If I sit or am in bed, I notice them. Very hard to relax without meds. Now at 27 months, I feel resigned to never really having too moments of freedom, but on the positive side I no longer fear the big nasties. And that is really a BIG positive. So try to think of it that way. People live with annoying health issues all the time and none are life threatening. BFS is just another on the list. Not fun by any means, but you are not alone!
dreadpirateroberts
Hero
Hero

Postby luluq07 on August 4th, 2011, 2:38 pm

I actually got it off ebay, but it said it really works! lol.. it didn't work for me, at all... :(
i hate twitches...has anyone ever video taped them?
I posted one of mine on youtube.. you could see it under harperbee05
luluq07

Postby wanderer on August 4th, 2011, 4:06 pm

I dont think i would go and see your video twitches in you tube cause you tube will later put the auto recommend for you and some time video of someone with als twitching may show up and may scare anyoen!
wanderer
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management