Low Dose Naltrexone

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Low Dose Naltrexone

Postby raindog on August 5th, 2011, 12:49 pm

chicagobfs wrote:Why do you actually increase the dose since you already have good results?? Just wondering. Thank you for your updates though

I was told you have better results if you can get to what is recognised as the optimum dose of 4.5 mg. If you get to a point were you get flu like symptoms then you drop back 0.5mg and stay there.
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby raindog on August 5th, 2011, 1:14 pm

tfouto wrote:How would you measure the cramps/pain reduction? 50%,60%,80%, 100%?

Thanks

I was having very good reduction in the cramping with the mag phos suppliment prior to starting the LDN, but overall now pain,cramping, stiffness and fatigue is at the very least 75% better and some days 100%
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby raindog on August 19th, 2011, 4:04 pm

Now on the full 4.5 ml dose and still getting along very good with the LDN in conjunction with the new era mag phos 8. The twitching is still present but because i have no pain, soreness, fatigue and cramping it now seems so insignificant and hardly bothers me.

I think the past 4 months have been by far the best ive felt in over 6 years. :D
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby Fan on August 20th, 2011, 2:53 pm

I am so happy for you!!!!:-)))))

No luck for me . No one will give it :-(

Can you continue taking homeopath medicine long term. I thought those are short term??
Fan

Postby raindog on August 21st, 2011, 6:00 am

Fan wrote:I am so happy for you!!!!:-)))))

No luck for me . No one will give it :-(

Can you continue taking homeopath medicine long term. I thought those are short term??

Are you referring to the mag phos? if so my neuro said he could see a link into why i maybe benefitting from the suppliment but never really expanded as to why. He did say my bloods showed that i was at a normal level but also said that a normal level may not be normal for me, as a disease process as an effect on how your body absorbs and uses it.

Ive had such good results with the cramping since so i'll continue to take a couple morning and night untill i'm told not to. A snippet about mag phos below

Magnesium phosphate is found in the brain, spinal cord, heart, liver, lungs, spleen, pancreas, kidneys, intestines, thyroid gland, as well as the nerve and muscle cells.

Magnesium phosphate has the ability to bind ammonia gases and transports them out of the body. Often, ammonia occurs because of the decomposition of tissue during digestive activity. When Magnesium phosphate is lacking, congestion occurs which can result in flatulence. To support the binding of this damaging ammonia gas, Magnesium phosphate is taken in hot water as cold water contains a percentage of ammonia which is receives through air. When boiling water, air and gas particles evaporate and in this way the Magnesium phosphate does not bind with the ammonia gas found in the water.
Hot water improves the absorption through the mucous membrane in the mouth by opening the pores so these Tissue Salts go directly into the bloodstream. The absorbed hot water binds with the cooling, ammonia gas in the intestines and aids in its excretion. Taking Magnesium phosphate in hot water is more effective as Magnesium ions remain free to aid in the function of the Autonomic Nervous System.
Magnesium phosphate is effective with the following symptoms: pain that is piercing, stinging or shooting pain, pain that appear irregularly, migraines, colic, painful cramps, nervousness and restlessness, constipation and fever blisters (cold sor
es).

Source: www.basicsource.ca

Ive had some form of irritable bowl for as long as i can remember so it may have a bearing on how the magnesuim as been absorbed from food intake. These tiny pellets are absorbed almost instantly when you place them under the tongue so i may be getting better usage from them, but im just guessing this. On a side not ive had trouble controlling my blood pressue (diastolic) would range from 84 -110 in the same day when taking Ramipril (blood pressure is regulated by your Autonomic nervous system) since the LDN and mag phos this as been very stable at around 90 without any BP medications

Anyway, so far, ... out of countless meds ive tried this combination as worked for me by far the best.

Keep trying for the LDN if muscle/ nerve pain and fatigue is an issue its certainly working for me.
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby chicagobfs on August 26th, 2011, 12:35 pm

Waiting for my LDN :wink:
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby raindog on August 26th, 2011, 5:30 pm

chicagobfs wrote:Waiting for my LDN :wink:

Sending you a pm... its what i got from the gp when i first started, my LDN is in liquid suspension btw
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby kstoruk on September 6th, 2011, 8:58 am

Guys jump on it!

http://www.medindia.net/news/Mechanism- ... 0166-1.htm

Moreover, LDN is an oral medication, generic, inexpensive, and non-toxic, and has been documented to alter the course of both neoplasias and autoimmune diseases such as Crohn's and multiple sclerosis, making this drug especially attractive as a therapeutic agent. The fact that OGF has been found to be a potent anti-inflammatory agent (Immunobiology 216:173-183, 2011; ibid, 216:579-590, 2011) also opens the door to the potential treatment of diseases of the immune system (HIV/ADS) infections, hypersensitivity, and neurodegeneration, which involve cell proliferation, thereby widening the benefit from therapeutic manipulation of the OGF-OGFr axis by LDN."

Read more: Mechanism of Low-dose Naltrexone Identified - Page 2 | MedIndia http://www.medindia.net/news/Mechanism- ... z1XBG7uesL

This is not jus tsymptomatic, apparently i treats the cause !!!
kstoruk
Hero
Hero

Postby raindog on September 6th, 2011, 4:18 pm

kstoruk wrote:Guys jump on it!

Moreover, LDN is an oral medication, generic, inexpensive, and non-toxic, and has been documented to alter the course of both neoplasias and autoimmune diseases such as Crohn's and multiple sclerosis, making this drug especially attractive as a therapeutic agent. The fact that OGF has been found to be a potent anti-inflammatory agent (Immunobiology 216:173-183, 2011; ibid, 216:579-590, 2011) also opens the door to the potential treatment of diseases of the immune system (HIV/ADS) infections, hypersensitivity, and neurodegeneration, which involve cell proliferation, thereby widening the benefit from therapeutic manipulation of the OGF-OGFr axis by LDN."

Read more: Mechanism of Low-dose Naltrexone Identified - Page 2 | MedIndia http://www.medindia.net/news/Mechanism- ... z1XBG7uesL

+2

If stiffness, muscle pain/soreness fatigue, are a major problem for you then its the only thing ive had thats worked, almost feel back to normal.
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby trajon_34 on September 6th, 2011, 8:30 pm

raindog wrote:
kstoruk wrote:Guys jump on it!

+2

If stiffness, muscle pain/soreness fatigue, are a major problem for you then its the only thing ive had thats worked, almost feel back to normal.

Realy good to know. I'm currently half way through my build up on Gabapentin and I haven't noticed anything more than a slight relief. And my only complaints regaring BFS symptoms is the muscles related stuff going on in my quads. Tightness, pressure type feelings. This sounds like a good next option. Thanks.
trajon_34
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby kstoruk on September 23rd, 2011, 10:07 am

Anybody else tried it with success?
kstoruk
Hero
Hero

Postby chrissi on September 23rd, 2011, 11:19 am

Not yet. My Neuro just told me he wants to have all my blood tests from hospital and eventually do some other immunological tests before he puts me on another med. I don't know yet what he will look for and what he will prescribe me...
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Symptom Management