Low Dose Naltrexone

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Low Dose Naltrexone

Postby raindog on July 15th, 2011, 4:18 am

Update. Now on 2.5ml dose , the difference as been amazing. Muscle soreness and stiffness as gone, cant honestly remember the last cramp i had (at least 10 biggies a day previously), big improvement in pain (stenosis) I feel more fluid and supple, more energy, sleep better, wake up feeling like i've had a good sleep etc.

Twitching is still on going but i know they are benign and i can live with them no bother. The more troublesome symptoms i was having have been greatly improved and thats made all difference.

If anyone here who gets the chronic fatigue, fibro type aches and pains along with the fasciculations and the stiffness and cramping, then i'd say its well worth a go and better than anything ive tried previously.
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby Fan on July 15th, 2011, 5:52 am

Awesome. Any change in nerve pain?
Fan

Postby raindog on July 15th, 2011, 2:19 pm

Fan wrote:Awesome. Any change in nerve pain?

Yes, the consistancy and intensity as ebbed at least 60% its not all gone but very much better than it was. Previously I did get some relief with tramadol as and when , but i couldnt tolerate them long term and wasnt as functional as i'd like to be (lethargic and nausious) the same could have been said with amytriptyline.

I'll keep you all informed as i work upto the 4.5ml dose :wink:
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby tfouto on July 15th, 2011, 5:53 pm

How long did you start to feel results since you started taking LDN?

Thanks
tfouto

Postby munecagirl22 on July 16th, 2011, 7:28 pm

curious question?... do you get stiffness like in your legs and your feet hurt and swollen like you have workd a 12 hr factory shift straight with steel toed boots??.. and do you ever get a poping out feeling in your groing and hip like you put on ut pants and it hurts, and when you get outa bed???
munecagirl22

Postby raindog on July 17th, 2011, 9:40 am

tfouto wrote:How long did you start to feel results since you started taking LDN?

Thanks

Been on thre Mag phos about 10 weeks , the LDN I started feeling less fatigue and pain after the first week or so. This wont cure my condition but its helping with a fair few of the symptoms such as fatigue, pain, stiffness and cramping. Just hope it continues :)
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby raindog on July 17th, 2011, 9:42 am

munecagirl22 wrote:curious question?... do you get stiffness like in your legs and your feet hurt and swollen like you have workd a 12 hr factory shift straight with steel toed boots??.. and do you ever get a poping out feeling in your groing and hip like you put on ut pants and it hurts, and when you get outa bed???

Yeah got all the pain and stiffness
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby raindog on July 19th, 2011, 6:58 am

Bit of a relapse, had a bad night hardly slept twitching spasms and cramping in abundance. Seems you can get this happening till you find your correct dose as many dont get to the full 4.5 ml. Should go up 0.5 ml tonight but i may leave it a couple of days on the same dose. :?
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby Fan on July 20th, 2011, 12:29 am

:| oh noo

Hope tonights better!
Fan

Postby raindog on July 20th, 2011, 11:10 am

Fan wrote::| oh noo

Hope tonights better!

Maybe its was just a glitch/ flare up, been spot on all today. :mrgreen:
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby raindog on July 28th, 2011, 5:11 am

Now on 3.5 mg again no real side effects ive noticed, cept maybe a little dizzines the day after i up a dose . Continued good relief of all the major symptoms such as pain, stiffness cramping and exercise intolerhence. Seem to be getting a lot less spasms ie the ones that move the toes. Easily the best one single medication that is actually working and helping me with the multiple symptoms ive had for over 6 years. :P
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby tfouto on August 4th, 2011, 5:34 am

Happy for You...

Please keep us updated as this is a solution I might jump in...

Thks
tfouto

Postby raindog on August 4th, 2011, 7:00 pm

Been on the 4 mg since Tuesday no side effects and the relief in pain, stiffeness, muscle soreness / fatigue still continues. To make things clear i still get the twitching but it does seem much less bothersome and i think this is due to the major relief of the more troublesome and debilitating symptoms i was having. I often queried that my underlying condition was CFS/ ME as we call it here in the UK

http://www.meassociation.org.uk/?page_id=1685 and ive had the best results in this region. I feel much brighter because ive got something thats actually working for me.
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby chicagobfs on August 4th, 2011, 10:14 pm

Why do you actually increase the dose since you already have good results?? Just wondering. Thank you for your updates though
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby tfouto on August 5th, 2011, 4:29 am

How would you measure the cramps/pain reduction? 50%,60%,80%, 100%?

Thanks
tfouto

Sponsor

Sponsor

PreviousNext

Return to Symptom Management