Low Dose Naltrexone

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Low Dose Naltrexone

Postby raindog on June 17th, 2011, 5:08 pm

I have finaly been given the chance to give LDN a good try after consulting a private gp for prescription. I tried for ages to get my GP and neuro to prescrible this on the NHS but no such look, i just now hope it can prove them wrong,

I should been having my first dose of 0.5 ml when the prescription arrives some time next week.

Dose 0.5ml 1 week and increase 0.5 ml each week till i get to around 4.5ml, dropping back 0.5 if i get any flu like symptoms.

I can live with the twitching and i'm not really expecting it to cure them tbh, what i'm wanting is to get my life back on track with less fatigue, muscle soreness and less morning stiffness and more energy, and hopefully less of the brain fog.

If i can get that out of it then its worked for me.

I'll keep you all posted. :mrgreen:
raindog
Saint
Saint

Re: Low Dose Naltrexone

Postby Fan on June 17th, 2011, 10:11 pm

That awesome raindog! Keep track and let us know. I am trying my docs but they say no. My homeopath is an MD first and has said we will come to that after trying homeopath.

I hope this is it! And pray you get your life back on track and lead a fulfilling life.
Do you had any sensory symptoms or stabbing sharp pain. Be interesting to see how it works.
Good luck!
Fan
Fan

Postby raindog on June 18th, 2011, 4:49 am

Fan wrote:That awesome raindog! Keep track and let us know. I am trying my docs but they say no. My homeopath is an MD first and has said we will come to that after trying homeopath.

I hope this is it! And pray you get your life back on track and lead a fulfilling life.
Do you had any sensory symptoms or stabbing sharp pain. Be interesting to see how it works.
Good luck!
Fan

Yes i get the stabbing, stinging and burning type of nerve pain. Sensory symptoms are also abundant most every day. I wont be able to take any opiate type pain relief but ive often found the anti inflamatory ones the better anyway.
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby chicagobfs on June 18th, 2011, 12:16 pm

Good Luck! I guess hopefully they are wrong.
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby dreadpirateroberts on June 20th, 2011, 8:12 am

Keep us posted! I had read about this before and it looked promising, but the prescription was very complex and difficult to come by so I didn't pursue it. But if it works for you, then I will try to get it also. Good luck.
dreadpirateroberts
Hero
Hero

Postby raindog on June 22nd, 2011, 3:49 pm

First dose last night about 10pm, slept well enough, had a decent day and no noticable side effects. Still early days yet. :D
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby Fan on June 22nd, 2011, 5:59 pm

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Fan

Postby raindog on June 23rd, 2011, 5:36 am

Day 2 as above, maybe i'm feeling slightly more energetic. My cramping and stiffness is still being greatly reduced with the mag phos too.

Happy days :D
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby raindog on June 29th, 2011, 4:51 pm

Started the 1ml dose and everything is still good, ive not had any noticeable side effects at all. Again feeling less stiff and a bit more zest moreso on wakening and after chores, muscle pain / soreness has been less prominent too.

Hoping this continues. :)
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby chicagobfs on June 30th, 2011, 10:03 pm

Thumbs Up!!
chicagobfs
Hero
Hero

Postby Fan on June 30th, 2011, 10:39 pm

Raindog

Is it easy to get it or you have to prepare it. I hear some people get the whole high dose and they have to prepare themselves.
Plus people also talking about controlling candida before?
Fan

Postby raindog on July 2nd, 2011, 6:53 pm

Fan wrote:Raindog

Is it easy to get it or you have to prepare it. I hear some people get the whole high dose and they have to prepare themselves.
Plus people also talking about controlling candida before?

Went down the private consultation route with a GP who was very sympathetic with my condition and was willing to let me give this a go.

I get the liquid suspension from here delivered to my door, fantastic service and everyone ive spoken to at the pharmacy have been first class

http://www.*beep*.co.uk/Low%20D ... fault.aspx

Latest update no side effects , still having more energy/zest ...like i want to be doing summat all the time, even getting some friskiness back. :lol: Not getting the muscle soreness after being busy all day feeling more fluid and less stiff.

Twitching is still on going, cramps are tons better (mag phos also help relieve this ) so very much a happy bunny right now. :D
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby raindog on July 2nd, 2011, 6:55 pm

swear filter seems to not like my link

http://www.dic--ksonchemist.co.uk/Low%2 ... fault.aspx

remove the -- :)
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby Fan on July 2nd, 2011, 8:04 pm

I am so happy for you!! I was just thinking of you
I hope good days turn into fabulous days ahead for you.

I hope to find a doc like yours soon. So far all say no:-(
Fan

Postby raindog on July 3rd, 2011, 4:18 pm

Fan wrote:I am so happy for you!! I was just thinking of you
I hope good days turn into fabulous days ahead for you.

I hope to find a doc like yours soon. So far all say no:-(

Well my GP and Neuro both refused me too, because its off label and not licensed for my peripheral nerve hyperexcitability syndrome, even though they have both given me other off label meds for the same condition and its definately not the cost of £17 a month :?

The private GP says it may not cure the PNH condition but may help eliviate the post viral fatigue i have and a fair few of the non specific symptoms that we all seem to get here. Twitching is not really a problem for me nowadays, its the nerve pain, stiffness, brain fog and fatigue that has been the more troublesome for me.

Good luck
raindog
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next

Return to Symptom Management