Immune system

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Immune system

Postby nonstop on June 8th, 2011, 8:09 am

My symptoms started after a nasty viral infection. I am convinced it is from a hyper immune response. This has been corroborated by a doctor. I wonder if embrel or vagus nerve stimulation might help control my hyper immune response. it seems prednisone hasn't helped anyone here so I am looking for other options. Has anyone tried embrel or vagus stimulation?

I am also curious about th1/th2 immune response. Apparently a th2 response is implicated with auto immune responses. I was taking nk3 which is supposed to change the immune response to th1. I really think I noticed a difference while taking it. Anyone have knowledge with the th1/th2 theory?
nonstop

Re: Immune system

Postby paulhp on June 8th, 2011, 9:57 am

How do you take this then ?
paulhp

Postby dreadpirateroberts on June 8th, 2011, 5:05 pm

My neuro thinks that mine is also probably caused by auto immune issues (I also had a flu bug prior to this) and we have discussed using a short term immuno suppressant just to see if it helps.
dreadpirateroberts
Hero
Hero

Postby johnny999 on June 8th, 2011, 5:11 pm

interesting you posted this, b/c i was reading some stuff about th1/th2 a while ago (not in relation to BFS though), and found a forum topic which has a huge list of supposed balance-shifters (food/supplements) -
http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/for ... -th2-53913
I have quite a few supplemets in favor of th1, so i might give it a try also.
johnny999
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby nonstop on June 8th, 2011, 8:12 pm

That was the original article that I also read. I've researched the th1/th2 in medical texts to ensure it is accurate.

What supplements do you have?

Since I stopped the NK3 my twitching has worsened. It promotes th1.
nonstop

Postby johnny999 on June 8th, 2011, 8:38 pm

me ?

the supps i happen to have (that i remember) which happen to boost TH1 are protein powder for glutathione, NAC for glutathione, glutamine, zinc, vitamin E, DHEA, coconut oil, IP6 (an expensive one). I've tried all of them individually on occasion except glutamine, but I haven't tried them all regularly, together, or recently.

I noticed some positive results when i've taken zinc (the one I've taken most regularly), but regularly taking more than the serving size could potentially cause a copper deficiency over the long term (unlikely if you eat chocolate though)

AND the forum post mentions that refined sugar and trans fats are some bad TH2 elements

CFIDS patients are Th2 activated. This means they over-respond to toxins, allergens, normal bacteria and parasites, and UNDER-RESPOND to VIRUSES (like the epstein barr virus), YEAST (like Candida), cancer and intracellular bacteria

almost sounds too good to be true, but guess its something to try :P

Since I stopped the NK3 my twitching has worsened. It promotes th1.

haha, by all means, take more :P
i looked that up, its selenium and some special bran, right ?
johnny999
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management