Anyone experienced progress from distal to proximal muscles?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Anyone experienced progress from distal to proximal muscles?

Postby TwitchyDoc on June 3rd, 2011, 2:54 am

Well, starting 5 year with BFS and it has been the same for 3 years. Then my tongue started and probably it started the anxiety again which in turn cause that I twitch more than 3 years ago. However I noticed that I twitch less on hands/feet but MUCH more on chest, abdomen, arms, back, neck. VERY often after movement. This is something new for me, showing some kind of progression. I would gladly hear your experience as this is starting consuming me (lying in the bed - every few seconds I get one twitch somewhere..the stomach ones are the worst)..
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Re: Anyone experienced progress from distal to proximal muscles?

Postby Barbie800 on June 3rd, 2011, 5:46 am

Not exactly sure what your question is but I will try to help. From the beginning I have twiched from head to toe. I have always gotten the twitches after movement especially in the morning when I first wake up. It sets them off like crazy. Sneezing and coughing do the same thing. Also, I notice if I have a hotspot for awhile say my abdomen, it will eventually go away and move somewhere else say like my back. The cycle repeats itself over & over. Lately my hands have been the hotspot. I know it will stop and go somewhere else. Hope this helps.
Barbie800
Saint
Saint

Postby garym on June 3rd, 2011, 8:56 am

doesn't sound like progression of sxs at all to me, just changing sxs, given other areas of your body have decreased. I went through a similiar thing a few years back when my stomach muscles started twitching and cramping a bunch kinda out of the blue. It sparked a tiny bit of anxiety for a day or two, but then I realized it was just a part of this crazy syndrome we all suffer from and stop worrying about it. That didn't make the cramps any less bad, but it did help me mentally. Try to work on conquering your anxiety. It really is the key to getting back to as normal a life one can have while twitching and cramping, which can be pretty normal.

Take care,
gary
garym

Postby tiggida on June 3rd, 2011, 10:07 pm

twitchydoc,
I have to say that I experience the exact same thing. I won't repeat what Barbie has said, but that is exacrtly my situation as well
Tanya
tiggida
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby dreadpirateroberts on June 6th, 2011, 4:37 pm

Currently I am in the same situation that Barbie is in. But mine started slowly, but by around 6 months it was full blown into what it is today (27 months total).
dreadpirateroberts
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management