Chamomile tea

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Chamomile tea

Postby RunningBear on May 16th, 2011, 10:39 am

Chamomile to me, is a dingy weed and its tea tastes like warm, flavored bleach. :( But after hearing someone extoll its virtues as a sedative, I decided to give it one more try. The results have been spectacular. After adding boiling water, I have been keeping a dish over the tea cup for 10 minutes before drinking. My sleep (for the past two weeks of drinking this tea at night) has been warm, deep and restful, and I have been waking up very refreshed, and completely relaxed. I threw out the Tylenol PM which I sometimes use. There is a definate de-stress effect in this tea. I am past the anxiety phase of BFS, but wish I would have tried it back then. Just wanted to share. :D
RunningBear
Hero
Hero

Re: Chamomile tea

Postby tellmeimok on May 16th, 2011, 2:17 pm

I actually bought some chamomile tea a few days ago, tried to drink it.....but it was just so bad, I couldnt get it down.....went to Kava instead....thats much more tolerable, but didnt seem to help me much.....Maybe i'll have to just suck it up and put down the chamomile, haha....
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
--Mark Twain
tellmeimok

Postby johnny999 on May 16th, 2011, 2:36 pm

Chamomile worked pretty good for me for a while, but a supplement that helped me more for sleeping is Choline (amino acid) - choline levels are often inversely related to anxiety.
johnny999
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby MissBehavin on May 16th, 2011, 6:13 pm

Every now and then I love a good tea, but by the time I would put enough sugar in it I was afraid it killed the purpose. Now I use Agave, which is kinda like honey. Both have their own health benefits. Give it a try, it might make it more palatable.
MissBehavin
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby RandyR on May 16th, 2011, 8:04 pm

I put a couple of table spoons of honey and some cinnamon in mine and it helps the taste. Works great.
PAX ARMIS ACQUIRITUR

But they who wait upon the lord shall
renew their strength; they shall mount up with
wings as Eagles; they shall run, and not be
weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.(ISAIAH 40:31)
RandyR
Hero
Hero

Postby tiggida on May 18th, 2011, 9:24 pm

You guys should all try the Sleepytime Extra tea by Celestial! It's amazing! It has Chamomile, Tilia Estrella, and Valerian in it. It will put you to sleep. I love it!
Tanya
tiggida
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management