Aches, pain and inducable cramps?

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Re: Aches, pain and inducable cramps?

Postby mommylondon on June 7th, 2011, 2:35 pm

That was so not what I was saying at all TD, and I'm sorry thats how you interpreted what I was saying. I'm having a bit of a rough day mentally and am not doing to well with how i'm wording things today. My apologizes TD

take care

Robynn :D
Quote: To mend the hearts of everyone that feels alone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd6BlNKCkRs
mommylondon
Saint
Saint

Postby TwitchyDoc on June 7th, 2011, 2:48 pm

Robynn, you wrote it right and I did get your point - no need to apologize, I agree that some information might be worrisome for newcomers, especially if taken out of context and without knowing more. Its also my english..I may not express well what I have on my mind. I will try to avoid possibly ambigous stuff.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby mommylondon on June 7th, 2011, 3:31 pm

No worries TD, thanks for understanding what I was having a hard time wording, LOL.

Take care TD

mommylondon
Saint
Saint

Postby cenkay.a on June 7th, 2011, 4:04 pm

/
Last edited by cenkay.a on January 21st, 2012, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitching since December 2010
cenkay.a
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Wells05 on June 7th, 2011, 4:31 pm

Ok TwitchyDoc, your feaking me out sometimes when you post. You say you are a Doctor and you can't even convince your self!!! This is not re assurance for us who trust in dr's that we don't have a deadly disease. Seriously call me crazy for fealing this way!! Your supposed to know more than us! Please don't take this in the wrong way I'm just more confused now. I have been worrying about ALS for two years now, mainly just twitching. Aches once in a while. I have decided to get of Anxiety meds as they made me gain 10 LBS, its making me so upset to gain weight I'm used to being 123 UGG. I need support for the Anxiety to come!
Wells05
Hero
Hero

Postby mommylondon on June 7th, 2011, 4:39 pm

Hi wells, hey TD isnt a doctor just yet, he is still in medical school so dont go too harsh on him :D
mommylondon
Saint
Saint

Postby Wells05 on June 7th, 2011, 4:41 pm

I'm so not a harsh person I meant nothing towards it other than I can't understand why he is questioning things when he knows more than us. Thats All, I'm the nicest person so I would never want to come off Rude. I'm just second guessing everything!!
Wells05
Hero
Hero

Postby mommylondon on June 7th, 2011, 4:46 pm

I understand, its easy for us all to do, especially when some of us are still so symptomatic and it takes very little to tip us in the wrong direction. I have read all of your posts though, you really have nothing to fear in the ways of a big nasty, but I totally understand where you are coming from.

Take care

mommylondon
Saint
Saint

Postby Wells05 on June 7th, 2011, 4:48 pm

Thanks Robyn :) I never meant anything harsh to TwitchyDoc. I actually like reading his GOOD posts :) Just not the ones he is worried, makes me worry HAHA
Wells05
Hero
Hero

Postby garym on June 7th, 2011, 4:51 pm

Wells05 wrote:Ok TwitchyDoc, your feaking me out sometimes when you post. You say you are a Doctor and you can't even convince your self!!! This is not re assurance for us who trust in dr's that we don't have a deadly disease. Seriously call me crazy for fealing this way!! Your supposed to know more than us!

Wells,

Don't let the fact that TD is a doc (or in medical school) scare you. The fact is a high percentage of people suffering from BFS are in the medical field/med. school. The issue arises out of the fact that most docs have no idea what ALS looks like, they only remember learning in med school that fascics can be a sx of als. So when they start popping like we do, they are subject to the same anxieties and irrational fears we all experience. Just because they are docs doesn't exclude them from all the same anxiety sxs we experience.

Also, be cautious about stopping anxiety meds due to weight gain. You can always lose a few pounds down the road, but the mental stability needed to get past the fears of als is crucial to your long term mental health....so I would suggest that you only stop the meds if you are sufficiently over the fear or can deal with the anxiety without help (I did a six month course of ad's to finally get past my fear!).....just my 2 cents.

Take care,
Gary
garym

Postby Wells05 on June 7th, 2011, 4:56 pm

Gary,
Thank you so much! you had some great great points! And the one about the meds, I'm on the fence with this. It was a temporary thing, I just hate gaining weight when I eat so healthy as it is! FRUSTRATING! I was thinking of taking Velerian root, exercising, and eating well and hoping I will focus on that instead of worrying about ALS. Its just so weird we fixiate on this one disease, WHY. I guess its because there is no one test that yes/no we don't have it. Thank you again for the post, It truely helps :)
Wells05
Hero
Hero

Postby cenkay.a on June 7th, 2011, 5:05 pm

/
Last edited by cenkay.a on January 21st, 2012, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twitching since December 2010
cenkay.a
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Noturnus on June 10th, 2011, 5:22 am

TD, I know that doctors are not immune to ALS fear. I know we have at least 3 doctors here that have this fear.
I am twitching and have muscle achings for about 19 months and on all this time I may have twitched 10 times on my calves.
I have tons on my triceps, quadriceps, around knees, arches of feets, forearms, back and my thenars twitch when I stretch or poke them.
I have NO CRAMPS.
I have severe aching on my arms. It is so severe it is reducing my quality of life. On the beggining the aching where on the right arm, but now the left one is aching too. It is the same aching you get when exercise or when you are on a flu.
If my problem was concentrated on my legs only I would be very calm. But I am different from all of you here regarding the location of my twitches.
Noturnus
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby TwitchyDoc on June 10th, 2011, 5:39 am

Noturnus, you are not different. As I said before, I have had maybe 0 twitches in calves druing first 3 YEARS of my BFS.
TwitchyDoc
Saint
Saint

Postby ImOK on June 11th, 2011, 11:39 am

TD you just need to remember that there are a lot of fearful people with bfs/bcfs and if you say something is of 'more concern' then they will think that they have a NMD because they have this twitchy here or there. I had it in my back and it was a more concern to my neuro but because it indicated a spinal problem which turn out to be ruptured discs. But you just said it was of more concern to a neuro not saying why and some people will read into this that it is because of a bad Dx. Just be clear so it can't be misread.
ImOK
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Symptom Management