Can We Use Math To Solve BFS

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Can We Use Math To Solve BFS

Postby pbohan on April 16th, 2011, 5:00 pm

Would there be an interest in filling out a questionnaire so I can create a linear regression model to determine if there is any correlation to define what symptoms best describe BFS and what remedies work best? I have attached a link to a website that has a link to download the questionnaire that is in Excel2007 format (click on “BFS Questionnaire”). If the file wants to download as a .zip extension, merely write over the .zip extension and save it as a .xlsx file. The answers to all questions must be numeric. The data (answers) in row 4 are my results that can be used as a guide. Please fill out row 5. You can send your results to me at [email protected]. Any cell that has a red triangle has built in instructions which explain how to answer the questions – just place the computer cursor over the cell to read the comments / instructions. Please let me know if there are other questions that need to be added, but remember I may have to follow up with a second questionnaire. For instance, if the data/model suggests there is correlation between anti-convulsant medications and symptom relief then I will follow up with a questionnaire to gain more detail about what anti-convulsants people are using and the dosage.

I want to try to keep this as anonymous as possible, so I am not asking people to place their names on the file, but a code (the last 5 digits of your phone number). The reason I need the code is to line up data between respondents if there is a follow up questionnaire.

http://patrickbohan.home.bresnan.net/BFS.htm

Remember, there is no guarantee there is any correlation between individual data (if this is the case we learn nothing), but we will not know until we try. In essence, each respondent will represent one equation in the model, so the more people that contribute, the better. If we move forward on this, I will post results on the same website.

I am a retired engineer who suffers from BFS, I am not a doctor - only a person who wants to try to find some answers to our questions .
pbohan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Re: Can We Use Math To Solve BFS

Postby pbohan on April 17th, 2011, 6:19 pm

I have made a more user friendly link to imput your data (no need to worry about Excel). Please use the following link:

https://spreadsheets1.google.com/viewfo ... E6MQ#gid=0
pbohan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby bfshopeful on April 17th, 2011, 10:05 pm

I filled it out...just an fyi klonopin/valium...not sure if you want those under anticonvulsants or muscle relaxers....might want a benzo category...i tried this in beginning as well..many others have too...main thing in common has always been stress....there are always others but that is always the big one...my personal theory can be found on the board....i think it's a perfect storm condition.
"It's mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."
bfshopeful
Saint
Saint

Postby pbohan on April 18th, 2011, 6:06 pm

Yes, I added a Benzo category. If you give me your code # (last 5 digits of your phone) and how much Benzo helped you (1-10) with 1 being the lowest I can update your file. You can refill out the survey and i will omit the first one (I can match the code #). You can respond here or email me at [email protected].
pbohan
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management