Tinglies and Prickly sensations...

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Tinglies and Prickly sensations...

Postby jennract on February 23rd, 2011, 6:00 pm

I would like to scream! This is my latest big flareup -feels like I have tiny bugs hopping all over..soooooooo annoying. I really really wish some of this would calm down for a bit. My skin is super dry from this awful winter so I'm sure that is not helping. Had more bloodwork this week for an unrelated matter and my magnesium, calcium and potassium are all within normal range.

Must not let this depress me!!!!
Jenn
jennract

Re: Tinglies and Prickly sensations...

Postby raindog on February 23rd, 2011, 8:14 pm

jennract wrote:I would like to scream! This is my latest big flareup -feels like I have tiny bugs hopping all over..soooooooo annoying. I really really wish some of this would calm down for a bit. My skin is super dry from this awful winter so I'm sure that is not helping. Had more bloodwork this week for an unrelated matter and my magnesium, calcium and potassium are all within normal range.

Must not let this depress me!!!!
Jenn

I suffer from 350,000 minute glass splinters very day in both lower legs, then on top of that my skin has been ravaged by stinging nettles.

Your not alone . :(
raindog
Saint
Saint

Postby jennract on February 23rd, 2011, 8:25 pm

I was thinking of trying a Benadryl antihistamine but it's not really an itch.
jennract

Postby Barbie800 on March 6th, 2011, 10:12 am

You will get all kinds of weird sensations with this condition. For the first year I had this, I had nothing but twitches then suddently I started getting pinprick sensations. I think it's just all related to the hyperexcited nerves.
Barbie800
Saint
Saint

Postby jennract on March 6th, 2011, 2:36 pm

Thanks Barbie this past week has been awful feels like my clothes or anything touching my skin is irritating me buy there is no rash or anything showing on my skin. Just another thing to try to get used to?
jennract

Postby dtek on March 6th, 2011, 11:15 pm

Ive just recently started getting very annoying sharp needle stab pains in feet and hands - is there anything that can be taken to help subdue them to help get some sleep? I've tried normal pain meds and oxazepam but neither could overpower the pricking to get a decent sleep last night. Seems like the feeling of needles operates on a level that can't be dulled by anything other than a pretty heavy dose of alcohol but I that's not practical on an ongoing basis.
dtek

Postby kitkat on March 16th, 2011, 10:43 am

my legs always tingle along with the twitching
kitkat

Postby johnnythejet on March 16th, 2011, 8:29 pm

Even after 5 years, I still get the prickly sensations, pins/needles, etc. all day. Some days are worse than others, and it doesn't bother me NEAR as much as it used to, but it is definitely more annoying than the twitching which doesn't bother me at all anymore. Sometimes one *beep* will be enough that I'll jerk my whole arm in reaction to it, as if some on literally poked me hard with a needle.
johnnythejet
Saint
Saint

Postby Barbie800 on March 17th, 2011, 6:19 am

dtek wrote:Ive just recently started getting very annoying sharp needle stab pains in feet and hands - is there anything that can be taken to help subdue them to help get some sleep? I've tried normal pain meds and oxazepam but neither could overpower the pricking to get a decent sleep last night. Seems like the feeling of needles operates on a level that can't be dulled by anything other than a pretty heavy dose of alcohol but I that's not practical on an ongoing basis.

I"m taking Gabapentin for this.
Barbie800
Saint
Saint

Postby aussie sufferer on March 17th, 2011, 9:38 am

Jenn i get this all the time. Mostly in legs, hands and feet. Have got used to most of it. Comes and goes, BFS normal. You just have to try and ignore them. Tingling in my feet and calves as we speak! Distract yourself somehow. They will go.
cheers
Rodger
aussie sufferer
Saint
Saint

Postby bfshopeful on March 24th, 2011, 12:33 pm

Count me in, jacuzzi or warm bath always helps.
"It's mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."
bfshopeful
Saint
Saint

Postby indyrocky on May 13th, 2011, 12:45 pm

Get the Prickly and tingling sensation and feel like bugs are crawling. Easier said then done, but try and block them out. Once you come to terms that this is a part of BFS it make sit easier. Good Luck
indyrocky

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management