Arm shake

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Arm shake

Postby aussie sufferer on October 2nd, 2010, 8:15 am

Upon waking, moving my arm ie to turn the bedside lamp light on. My left hand will shake momentarily. Also if I stretch the arm. Only does it the once and at this time. Nothing similar for rest of day. BFS????? This hand is prone to tremors-related?
aussie sufferer
Saint
Saint

Re: Arm shake

Postby basso on October 2nd, 2010, 9:01 am

Duh, happens with bfs all the time. Next question? Oh, yeah, that's the pain in the neck one, er, foot. Sometimes we get pains. If it's bad and persists go see your doctor, otherwise wait a couple of days and see what happens. I get pains from time to time...it's normal. My gym friends and I, who are of a similar age, joke to one another about our pains all the time. Something like "now my arms feel better, I'm sure some other spot will start to hurt." We laugh about it, it's funny. We know we're strong as hell, and being fit means you get pains. And, not being fit means you get pains. Shooting pains are just that. They come for some weird reason and then they go away just as suddenly. Did you really need two separate posts?

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby aussie sufferer on October 2nd, 2010, 9:09 am

Thanks Basso... just checking- all new symptoms to me. ( although arm shake one been going on for a while) Maybe not 2 posts ..I guess I just like posting! :wink:
cheers
Rodger
aussie sufferer
Saint
Saint

Postby basso on October 2nd, 2010, 9:12 am

As you can tell by my 2300 posts, I hate posting. :lol:

Btw, my fore arms, both of them, are shaking right now. You've jinxed me. :wink:

Basso
basso
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on October 2nd, 2010, 11:06 am

I had that too. Wound up being due to food sensitivities, along with all my other symptoms like twitching, anxiety, etc. Have you ever considered seeing a homeopathic doctor who specializes in digestive health? You could try dietary experimentation on your own, but you may be removing one trigger food while still unknowingly consuming another. This would falsely lead you to believe that it isn't food related. Leaky Gut Syndrome causes people to develop multiple sensitivities to different foods, chemicals and even environmental factors and does so rather quickly once the process has started. The striking similarities between my BFS symptoms and most everyone else here just seem too be too close to be a coincidence. Anyway, might be worth looking into.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby mommylondon on October 2nd, 2010, 11:07 am

Hey Rodger, just wanted to let you know that I get that also. My left arm trembles or shakes nearly every morning, when I stretch or when I just sit up on the side of the bed. It seems to lessen as the morning moves on, but back when I was in the earlier day with this, both my arm tremored, and it would go on for a while, hell to be honest everything tremored back then, even my head and jaw, but thankfully this has stopped, now I just get the occasional tremor in the mornings. No biggy. I think we all have the same symptoms but we can experience them in different patterns.

Take Care

Robynn :D
Quote: To mend the hearts of everyone that feels alone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd6BlNKCkRs
mommylondon
Saint
Saint

Postby msm on October 2nd, 2010, 10:24 pm

Rodger, I also get the arm shake upon waking but once I am up and moveing around it stops. Very BFS normal I am sure.

Mary
msm
Hero
Hero

Postby aussie sufferer on October 3rd, 2010, 6:31 am

thanks guys responses appreciated. I feel better in knowing I am not 'the only one' with this symptom!
cheers
Rodger
aussie sufferer
Saint
Saint

Postby SecretAgentMan on October 3rd, 2010, 3:09 pm

aussie sufferer wrote:thanks guys responses appreciated. I feel better in knowing I am not 'the only one' with this symptom!
cheers
Rodger

Aye, just don't let me be 'the only one' who's overcome it.
If your mind is your own worst enemy, why not make friends with it and turn it into your greatest ally? Mental discipline is achievable and there is help available. Learn what works for you, practice, and change your life for the better.
SecretAgentMan
Saint
Saint

Postby sussemaus on May 2nd, 2012, 9:57 pm

I'm experiencing this too. Til now it was (or I thought it was or I only noticed it?) in my left arm but this morning I noticed it in my right arm upon awakening too. In a weird way it was reassuring that it's actually in both? (Since apparently that makes it more likely to be essential tremor, I've read) Only happens first thing in the morning when just waking up or in that space between sleeping and waking.

Anyone else feeling this? Still can't help worrying a bit sometimes, the worry really does creep up on you sometimes.
sussemaus

Postby chrissi on May 3rd, 2012, 3:42 am

Those issues are very common in BFS, although I guess most doctors thinh we are nuts when describing arm tremors related to sleep/awakening. While I have good "control" over my BFS issues at days, I still have "weird arms" when waking up.It used to be my shoulder/upper arm shaing .noe it has switched to my forearm/wrist. Weird stuff..
"Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it" Kahlil Gibran
Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained
chrissi
Saint
Saint

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management