Magnesium Observations

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Stopping mag sups for now!!

Postby John_JR on June 4th, 2004, 2:16 am

Hey all, I've stopped my mag sups for now. Aside from my daily body-wide twitches I'm starting to develop profuse eyelid twitching. This is the 2nd time this has happened, although it could be a coincidence.

The test: If I hold my eyes shut real tight right now, then relax, I'll have at least three or more twitches at the same time! One of them has been constant for the past three days, but has been a little calmer today. FYI, two months ago following a Doxy trial I could perform this same test and could not get a single twitch to come out. hummm...... Very interesting!

I'm about to propose a crazy idea, but any of you who know me, know I'm adamant about this BFS thing being caused by an infection of some type. I don't want to say the "L" word as I'm trying to keep an open mind here. I believe whatever this is; it depletes the body of ionic magnesium. This might be one reason for the twitching (similar to those who have hyperthyroid dysfunction - a gland regulates ionic mag levels in your body). Therefore, dosing mag supplements might help at 1st, but could be "feeding" or progressing the infection.

I'm starting another Antibiotic trial - this time Amoxicillin, and will keep you all posted if anything significant develops.

If anyone else trying mag supplements experience similar strangeness, please let me know.
John R.
John_JR

Stopping mag sups for now!!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Symptom Management