Some Encouraging News

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Some Encouraging News

Postby Pygasus on January 3rd, 2009, 11:40 am

Hello all, and Happy New Year. I wanted to share some infomation with you. I have had BFS for a year and a half. Thankfully, I have never lost a great deal of sleep because of it but last night was different. I awoke about 4 in the morning with severe thumping in my left calve and general twitching elsewhere in my body. Those of you who know that word "thumping" know it means big contractions that feel like a part of the muscle suddenly rolls back and forth. They are not quick twitches, and they are horrible to experience. Anyway, I could not fall back to sleep so I went downstairs to meditate. I have been seeing a hypnotherapist who has helped me relax and taught me the proper way to meditate. I fell into a very deep relaxed state after about 10 minutes and much to my delight, all my thumps and twitches began to melt away. I have never had such a fast and dramatic change in my condtions before, even through meditation. I reached a point about 30 minutes into my meditation where my body was virtually quiet and still, sometimes for nearly a minute at a time before a small, barely noticeable twitch kicked in... it was miraculous! Now, I know many of you have tried meditation with varying degress of success; and I have certainly been tested and tried enough remedies to know that nothing has cured this annoying and often scary condition. However, this morning's exciting discovery leads me to believe that we CAN, to some degree, create a state of mind and body that at least calms down our symptoms enough to move forward with our day in a productive way. I would suggest that for the temporary relief of symptoms and perhaps to "re-set" your body to a less active state, you give meditation a good, solid try, and really devote yourself to doing it right. It took me about three months of meditating every day to finally see some good results. It's not a cure, but a relief. All the best in '09.
Pygasus

Some Encouraging News

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management