Spine/Disc Problems before BFS

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

Postby twitching man on June 14th, 2004, 9:36 pm

i just had an mdi of my lower back. My chiropracter wanted to see whatg was going on have had back pain and lately fatigue in legs came back. just as he suspected I have 2 bulging disks in lower back with a little athritis he thinks I've probaly had it for 10 years and reagraveted it. Thats why the fatigue in my legs gets so bad.
Paul
twitching man

Postby garym on June 14th, 2004, 9:42 pm

Paul,

What does the chiro. recommend as a course of treatment? I too have a slight bulging disc. I think it was L4 or L5. Keep us posted.

Gary
garym

Postby twitching man on June 17th, 2004, 10:25 am

Gary, He wants me to continue to get adjusted and not to lift anything heavy. He said it should heal itself with regular adjustments and taking care of your back be not aggravating it again. It should heal within a year.
Also had a follow up with my neuro and has me taking 10 grams of creatine a day to see if this will help out the fatigue nin my legs. We will see, this is the most bothersome of all my symptoms.
Paul
twitching man

Postby mike3456 on October 6th, 2004, 11:13 am

i've had misc back/neck problems for 10+ years. I just found out via MRI about two herniated disks in my neck (c5/c6, c6/c7). My GP said he's amazed at how many people he sees my age (35) that have this problem, who don't participate in any rough activities. He thinks there may be some genetic component. I think my mom had lots of back issues.

Anyway, my neuro said that my twitching could be caused by the herniations. Not sure that makes sense to me, as I've had them head to toe at one point or another. But, then again, maybe slight pressure on the spinal cord could cause a "misfire" anywhere. I'm wondering if I have other disc problems elsewhere in my back...I'm pretty sure that I do. I'll ask more about this at my next neuro follow-up appt.
-Mike
mike3456

Postby Bree on October 6th, 2004, 5:59 pm

I've had burning off and on between my shoulder blades for years with occasional loss of fine motor skills (went to chiropractor). Didn't find out till my MRI in July that I had severe bulging discs in C5/C6 area.

Very interesting...

Bree
Bree

Postby ann on October 7th, 2004, 7:37 pm

Yes, yes!!
I started twitching after six months of walking a lot while wearing terribly fitting shoes and carrying a heavy bookbag. Then, I fell down some stairs. After the fall is when I started twitching. I always consoled myself by believing that it was just a pinched nerve and not ms or some other degenerative disease....maybe bad alignment is the key after all!
Stress, anxiety (tense muscles)+bad alignment+caffeine-magnesium=BFS?

Ann
ann
Interested
Interested

Postby garym on October 7th, 2004, 8:07 pm

Ann,

"Stress, anxiety (tense muscles)+bad alignment+caffeine-magnesium=BFS?"

If not a cause, certainly contributing factors.

gary
garym

Postby LeeNC on October 8th, 2004, 10:12 pm

garym wrote:Ann,

"Stress, anxiety (tense muscles)+bad alignment+caffeine-magnesium=BFS?"

Noooo, please! Please don't say caffeine is contributing. Denied myself coffee during pregnancies and concluded that I am simply a better person WITH coffee. :D Hmm, if I had to choose between no coffee and no twitches....

--LeeNC
LeeNC
Hero
Hero

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Symptom Management