really scared

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

really scared

Postby KERRI on November 7th, 2003, 2:06 pm

Guys,
I have always had a problem with drooling at night while I am sleeping, i sleep with my mouth open, and well, I usually have a problem sleeping on my stomach, I even have a problem sleeping on my back, drooling is indicative for a neuro disease HELP. Does anyone else have this.

kerri
KERRI
Hero
Hero

Postby jcavan4125 on November 7th, 2003, 3:10 pm

Kerri,
You are back stepping. Drooling is only indicative of a neurologic problem if you do while awake. Calm yourself!
Joe... "That which does not kill us makes us stronger"! - Nietzsche
jcavan4125
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Floater on November 8th, 2003, 6:10 pm

WoW!
Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby Nole on November 9th, 2003, 3:11 pm

Drooling while you sleep is common, I do thattoo sometimes when I am really tired or congested. Ifyou drool when your awake thatcould be a neuro problem, but not when you are asleep. You need to calm yourself and not worry about those little things, you'll make yourself a nervous wreck!
NOLE
Nole
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby uber on November 10th, 2003, 3:28 am

absolutely nothing to worry about Kerri...many people drool in their sleep sometimes, sometimes when im laying on the couch on a night with my head tilted I drool a little..and thats when im awake! Surely deep down Kerri you cant still be worried about ALS after all this time its a 100% cetainty that you dont have it
uber
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby garym on November 10th, 2003, 5:18 pm

I drool at night also, but usually when I'm passed out on the floor after drinking to much :twisted: !! Just kidding, that hasn't happened in years.

Don't worry about it, pick you battles.
Gary
garym

Postby erika on November 18th, 2003, 1:42 pm

Kerri, here is a suggestion of something that has helped me when I start noticing weird little things with my body.

I pretend that I don't have any fasciculations whatsoever, and then I ask myself if this new symptom seems scary enough that it might indicate some disease. For example, let's say you never ever had a fasciculation. Then if you suddenly noticed that you were drooling more often, would you immediately think you had ALS? probably not.

That has helped me a lot.
erika

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management