acupuncture and "inner wind" (don't laugh!!)

Information about how to manage or reduce the severity of BFS symptoms

Moderators: JohnV, Arron, garym

acupuncture and "inner wind" (don't laugh!!)

Postby nickic on September 21st, 2003, 4:42 am

Just wanted to say that I have been having acupuncture for the last 6 weeks and I have noticed a definite improvement with my symptoms. I no longer get the vibrating sensation when I lie down hence I sleep a lot better, my aches and pains are much better, in fact the day after acupuncture I feel relatively normal - also twitching seems to be better straight after as well.

Am hoping that with a few more sessions the twitching will stop for good. It is very interesting talking to my acupuncturist. He has been practising chinese medicine for 20 years and was a gp before so is very knowledgeable. He describes the twitching and vibrating as an inner wind and says it is all related to the liver hence he is trying to deal with that area primarily. We had a chat a couple of days ago about detoxing so I have decided to do a complete detox at the beginning of October, he is giving me a herbal detox remedy and combined with the acupuncture I am hoping that my "inner wind" will calm down to a very gentle breeze perhaps?!!!

Anybody else out there who has had acupuncture with good results?
nickic
Interested
Interested

Postby skinny on September 21st, 2003, 12:24 pm

I have had acupuncture for about 3 sessions. I took it because I had IBS (constipation, gas) and the twitching too. The chinese doctor said my twitching was due to my stomach energy.

I had the needles put in my stomach and legs. My constipation/gas got better after the sessions, but the twiching persisted.

I'm skeptical of acupuncture, but in cases of pain where physical therapy has failed, it seems like acupunture has succeeded at least by many anecdotal reports.

I would like to take acupuncture again. You don't have to believe in the Qi premise. You just get treated and pay as you go. Hmm at $50 a doc visit, I can't afford it to try it and see if it goes away.

Please let us know how your experience goes...

skinny.
skinny

Postby Greata on October 4th, 2003, 1:59 pm

As I did not see your question until now, I posted this exact question today!! Yes..and things are much better. I, too have "inner wind" issues and the focus was on my liver. Apparently I have too much heat and the balance is off. She was extra thorough and I plan to continue until I see no reason not to. Let me know how you are doing? Thanks,

Greata
Greata

Postby Floater on October 4th, 2003, 4:12 pm

What detox method do you use??

i use pressed apples and beet to flush the liver and dandlion burdock licorice root....eat lots of raw foods like veggies..my doc told me not to eat pork because its hard on the liver. i believe the liver plays a role in bfs...because my liver tests were normal before bfs..and after i got bfs my liver enzymes have elevated....anyway detoxing has made a difference,,,
Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby reneeintx on October 4th, 2003, 7:07 pm

Floater~

Do you use your "handy dandy Jack LaLane juice machine?" :lol:

Renee
reneeintx
Selfless giver of time
Selfless giver of time

Postby Floater on October 4th, 2003, 10:41 pm

not that particular one....i use a juicer though....its very nice. a pain in the butt to clean everytime :lol:
Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby Jenn311 on October 5th, 2003, 8:57 am

Do you have a Bass-O-Matic, too? :wink:
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby John on October 5th, 2003, 10:29 am

Hey Jenn

You know that you are dating youself with coments like that .these younger folks may not know what you mean.

John :lol:
John

Postby Floater on October 5th, 2003, 4:52 pm

is there really a bass o matic?? im going to puke
Floater
Saint
Saint

Floater
Saint
Saint

Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby Jenn311 on October 5th, 2003, 8:10 pm

LMAO....

Aaron,

There was a skit on SNL some perhaps twenty years ago about the Bass-O-Matic....Dan Akroyd would put a fish in a blender, blend it up, then drink it. It was REALLY sick....but I remember laughing so hard I almost passed out. SNL doesn't make 'em as funny as they used to.

Jen :wink:
Jenn311
Saint
Saint

Postby Floater on October 5th, 2003, 8:29 pm

ha ha thats funny...never seen it ...the thought of drinking fish and the gag muscle in the throat.. bluck
Floater
Saint
Saint

Postby twitching man on October 6th, 2003, 9:14 am

Hey you guys thanks for the laugh and bringing back a funny memory I can visualize Dan Akroid right now pressing the buttons with that bass inside the blender.
TM
twitching man

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Symptom Management